[PDAC's August Mission] We need your views to improve our Common Features Documentation! Highlighted

Latest reply: Oct 17, 2019 01:27:19 1389 44 12 4
banner

icon 01
Dates: August 15, 2019 – August 31, 2019
icon 02
Participation is limited to PDAC members.

icon 03
Background:
We have received user requests to improve our configuration guide, as well as feedback that some scenario descriptions of Data Communication application features within the guide are too general. Huawei has started working to improve the documentation by rewriting the text for switches. We hope you can look through the new versions and answer a few survey questions. If you are interested, we also invite you to talk to Huawei’s documentation experts online. Your input will be invaluable as we seek to improve our documentation.
Survey questions:
Enhancement 1:
For features related to relatively straightforward scenarios, we have merged configuration procedures with configuration examples. This means the descriptions of the procedures are now supplemented with examples. Please click to see the documentation before merging and after merging.
Question 1:
Is the documentation on "Configuring Telnet Login" (after merging) sufficient to support your work needs?
A:Yes, because ________________.
B:No, because ________________.
Enhancement 2:
We have included an explanation of the maintenance-related functions in the description of principles. Please click to see the Configuration Guide – Device Management.
Question 2:
Do you think that maintenance-related descriptions need to be included in the section on Configuration Guide-Device Management?
A:Yes, because ________________.
B:No, because ________________.
Enhancement 3:
For features related to more complex scenarios, we have consolidated configurations that are shared by different scenarios to avoid repetition. We have also presented the configuration procedures according to their functions, while keeping the configuration examples linked to application scenarios. Please click to see the documentation before enhancement and the after enhancement.
Question 3:
Which writing style do you prefer for Mirroring Configuration?
A:Before enhancement, because________________.
B:After enhancement, because ________________.
Question 4:
Would you like to join a webinar for a discussion with Huawei documentation experts? Click on “ Register” now!
Register

icon 03
How do I participate?
1. Look through all the documentation provided in the links and answer the questions above. You can submit your answers in the Comment Section by copying and pasting the questions and answers, with your answers highlighted. Alternatively, you can send your answers to document@huawei.com. We look forward to receiving your constructive input!
2. If you want to talk to Huawei documentation experts online, click on “Register”. We will contact you within five working days to arrange a discussion.
icon 03
Incentives for Participants:
• Participants who complete the survey will receive 80 bonus points.
• Participants who take part in an online discussion with the documentation experts and have their suggestions adopted will be considered for inclusion in the list of “Huawei’s Outstanding Customer Case Studies”. The relevant documentation and case examples will be published globally.
• Outstanding contributors will be awarded this month’s PDAC Top Event Contributor Medal. icon 04

img_logo
Copyright © 2019 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved
  • x
  • convention:

PDAC_Admin
Official Created Aug 16, 2019 11:05:15 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

Posted by Mohamed_Mostafa at 2019-08-16 08:51 I have sent my answers through email. Thank you!
Thank you Mohamed, well received, Great job[PDAC's August Mission] We need your views to improve our Common Features Documentation!-3036511-1
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy%20Wong
PDAC_Admin
Official Created Aug 16, 2019 11:07:08 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

Posted by orlan_ortiz at 2019-08-16 06:56 I have sent my answers through email. Thank you!
Dear Orlan, well received. The webinar will be one on one, are you interested to join?
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy%20Wong
PDAC_Admin
Official Created Aug 16, 2019 11:08:30 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Posted by WalidAbdelFatahNawar at 2019-08-16 07:49 I suggest that ANSWERS have to across the email
Dear Walid, both ways are warm welcome. I am look forward to your answers to the surveys[PDAC's August Mission] We need your views to improve our Common Features Documentation!-3036525-1
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy%20Wong
E.DR_91
MVE Created Aug 16, 2019 13:58:50 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

Question 1:
Is the documentation on "Configuring Telnet Login" (after merging) sufficient to support your work needs?
A:Yes, because it is more comfortable and easy to follow the steps in this structure.

Question 2:
Do you think that maintenance-related descriptions need to be included in the section on Configuration Guide-Device Management?
A:Yes, because it's preferred to find all related information in one place

Question 3:
B:After enhancement, because is good to see each step configuration example before moving to the next step
  • x
  • convention:

Peterhof
Created Aug 17, 2019 06:58:04 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

Question 1.
Yes, because it is much simpler to read in the new redaction. But the new redaction looks like contain less description of the commands that supposed to be done. In this case I think that new redaction is better when you need to do something exactly (you know what you need to do). But the old version is better for study. New one is like quick installation guide, and the old one looks like complete configuration guide. Maybe they need to be separated this way – quick guide and configuration examples and complete configuration guide.

Question 2.
Yes, because this information help to understand some described parameters. If it is the configuration guide (not quick guide) it is good to have more information. But in the quick guide it isn’t necessary to explain it.

Question 3.
After enhancement, because it is easily  to read shorter documents. In some cases I think that it can make harder to produce the solution. In old document the reader can find complete solution for his problem in one place if he know his problem. He will see the header with his problem and read it. In new redaction he will see the overall header. Sometimes it could be harder to find solution if he already used to read old versions of the documentation. But the new one is better anyway. It group complete knowledge.
  • x
  • convention:

I%20am%20an%20IT%20engineer%20in%20the%20State%20Museum%20Reserve%20Peterhof.%20My%20job%20is%20keeping%20alive%20our%20network%2C%20servers%20and%20storages%20solutions%20and%20also%20preparing%20for%20purchasing%20new%20equipment%20and%20server%20software.
MPatel
MVE Created Aug 17, 2019 13:16:35 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

A:Yes, because its easy to search and example you merge there is sufficient for work needs, we can easily solve issue browsing example.

A:Yes, because its easy that related to one topic all the materials available on one place, If suppose I have issue I will refer otherwise I will leave this topic,

B:After enhancement, because its easy to have related topic under one subject line and no need to browse all the topic one bye one.

At last thanks for providing us this mission its great platform to learn and increase knowledge.
  • x
  • convention:

My%20Self%20Mohsin%20Akhtar%20Patel%2C%20I%20have%20been%20working%20in%20IT%20network%20for%2014%2B%20years%20now%2C%20I%20am%20working%20in%20AL%20Rafee%20Enterprises%20Qatar%20as%20a%20Senior%20Technical%20Support%20Engineer%2C%20My%20certification%20are%20Microsoft%20Certified%20System%20Administrator%2C%20Avaya%20Technical%20Cert%2C%20Dell%20Sonic%20wall%2C%20Fortinet%20NSE1%2C2%2C%263%2CVMWARE%20Basic%20Cert%2C%20GeoVision%20CCTV%20Solution%20Cert%2C%20Hikvision%20CCTV%20Cert%2C%20APC%20UPS%20Cert%2C%20We%20have%20partnered%20with%20major%20hardware%20and%20software%20vendors%20including%20HUAWEI%2C%20HP%2C%20DELL%2C%20Oracle%2C%20IBM%2C%20Microsoft%2C%20EMC%2C%20Lenovo%2C%20Cisco%2C
Mohamed_Mostafa
Created Aug 18, 2019 12:41:38 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Posted by PDAC_Admin at 2019-08-16 05:05 Thank you Mohamed, well received, Great job
Thanks for all your efforts
  • x
  • convention:

Network%20%26%20Security%20Engineer
PDAC_Admin
Official Created Aug 19, 2019 09:07:59 Helpful(3) Helpful(3)

[PDAC's August Mission] We need your views to improve our Common Features Documentation!-3038389-1Dear PDAC members, thank you for your great help and precious time.This activity is limited to PDAC members. We also release a voting activity in the community for this document. If you are interested, you can also join the voting here: https://forum.huawei.com/enterpr ... hread/559417-100289

We are preparing the webinar. For those who has registered the webinar to talk to Huawei experts, we will send the invitation letter next week. Stay tuned... Thank you again for our dear PDAC members's support.[PDAC's August Mission] We need your views to improve our Common Features Documentation!-3038389-2
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy%20Wong
Diego.Silva
Created Aug 19, 2019 13:05:46 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

Enhancement 1:
For features related to relatively straightforward scenarios, we have merged configuration procedures with configuration examples. This means the descriptions of the procedures are now supplemented with examples. Please click to see the documentation before merging and after merging.
Question 1:
A:Yes, because I can find this information much easier and with real examples.

Enhancement 2:
We have included an explanation of the maintenance-related functions in the description of principles. Please click to see the Configuration Guide – Device Management.
Question 2:
A, No, because when are configurating a equipament we're only seeking out "Configuration Guide-Devie Management" but when we're with problems in our networking seeking out "Maintence-related".

Enhancement 3:
For features related to more complex scenarios, we have consolidated configurations that are shared by different scenarios to avoid repetition. We have also presented the configuration procedures according to their functions, while keeping the configuration examples linked to application scenarios. Please click to see the documentation before enhancement and the after enhancement.
Question 3:
A:Before enhancement, different people may have different levels of knowledge, one may only know about local vlan, another only about remote vlan.Before enhancemet has a nice split to help with this.
  • x
  • convention:

echoy
Created Aug 20, 2019 03:52:33 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

awesome
  • x
  • convention:

Login and enjoy all the member benefits

Login and enjoy all the member benefits

Login