How Do I Locate the Cause If the Host Name Is Different From the VM Name for Creating a VM on ServiceCenter

【Product�?
ManageOne ServiceCenter

【Version�?
2.X

【Question�?
How do I locate the cause if the host name is different from the VM name for creating a VM on ServiceCenter?

【Answer�?
When creating a VM, you need to enter Host Name and Name for the VM. Name is the VM name displayed in the ServiceCenter VM list. Host Name is the name of the host created on FusionManager. If the OS of the host is Windows, right-click the host and choose Properties from the shortcut menu to view the host name. If the OS of the host is Linux, log in to the FusionManager server. The part before "@" is the host name.
To change the host name of a VM, you need to configure VM specifications.
After VM specifications are configured, the initial random password and computer name customization functions are enabled after a VM is created. By default, you cannot customize the host name. The VM created from the template uses the initial password that is manually set. The initial password is not generated randomly. After VM specifications are configured, you can customize the host name, but the initial password of the VMs is randomly generated.

----End

Other related questions:
How Do I Change the Name of a VM on ServiceCenter
【Product�? ManageOne ServiceCenter 【Version�? 2.X 【Question�? How do I change the name of a VM on ServiceCenter? 【Answer�? Step 1 Log in to the ServiceCenter tenant portal. Go to the VMs page, select the VM whose name you want to change, click the arrow to expand its details, click the modification icon next to the VM name, change the VM name, and refresh the VMs page. Step 2 Click the service instance link to access the service instance corresponding to the VM. Click the arrow to expand its details and click the refresh icon next to Resource to synchronize the latest VM name to the service instance. The VM name is changed synchronously on FusionCompute. ----End

Naming rule for FusionAccess VMs
The naming rule for FusionAccess VMs is as follows: VM name = Computer name prefix + Digit quantity. This name cannot exceed 15 characters. When defining the naming rule, you can specify a starting value for the VM digit number, and VMs will be allocated in sequence based on this starting value. You cannot specify the names of provisioned VMs.

How Do I Quickly Troubleshoot the Failure in Creating a VM on ServiceCenter
【Product�? ServiceCenter 【Version�? 3.0, 3.0.SPC2, 3.0.5, 3.0.5.SP1, 3.0.5.SP2, 3.0.5.SP3, 3.0.5.SP5, 3.0.7, and 3.0.8 【Question�? How do I quickly troubleshoot the failure in creating a VM on ServiceCenter? 【Answer�? You can troubleshoot the failure based on the error information contained in the failed order. Step 1 Choose User Center > My Applications, and view the application order associated with the VM creation failure. Step 2 Click the application order ID. View the failure cause on the bottom of the order details page. If the failure cause is Internal error. or Parameter error., locate the fault on ServiceCenter. If the failure cause contains openstack nova create server failed, the error message is returned by FusionSphere OpenStack. The fault is generally caused by incorrect configuration of FusionSphere OpenStack. In this case, go to Step 3. Step 3 Log in to the ServiceCenter active node as user galaxmanager. Step 4 Run the following command to enter the engineering mode: gotoEngineerMode Default password: Huawei@CLOUD8! Step 5 Run the following command to open the workflow log: vi /var/log/goku/orchestrator/orchestrator.log Search for the number of the failed order in the workflow log. Starting from the search result, find the VM ID or volume ID. Contact FusionSphere OpenStack engineers for troubleshooting assistance. ----End

Methods used to obtain the guide for removing a VM from or adding a VM to a domain
In the FusionCloud desktop solution, the operations for adding a VM to and removing a VM from a domain are the same as those on PCs. Adding a VM to a domain must be performed by the administrator. When a user has logged in to a VM, the user can remove it from the domain and add it to a workgroup. Only the administrator can format data disks. Currently, Huawei does not provide an independent guide for removing a VM from or adding a VM to a domain in the FusionCloud desktop solution.

Method used to create a user VM template
For details about how to create a user VM template, see the "Creating VM Templates" section in FusionCloud Desktop Virtual Desktop Management Guide. Download path: Click the link and choose Support > IT > Cloud Computing > FusionCloud > FusionCloud Desktop Solution.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top