How Do I Quickly Troubleshoot the Failure in Deleting an EVS Disk on ServiceCenter

【Product�?
ServiceCenter

【Version�?
3.0, 3.0.SPC2, 3.0.5, 3.0.5.SP1, 3.0.5.SP2, 3.0.5.SP3, 3.0.5.SP5, 3.0.7, and 3.0.8

【Question�?
How do I quickly troubleshoot the failure in deleting an EVS disk on ServiceCenter?

【Answer�?
You can troubleshoot the failure based on the error information contained in the failed order.
Step 1 Choose User Center > My Applications, and view the application order associated with the EVS disk deletion failure.

Step 2 Click the application order ID. View the failure cause on the bottom of the order details page.
If the failure cause is Internal error. or Parameter error., locate the fault on ServiceCenter.
If the failure cause contains openstack cinder delete volume failed, the error message is returned by FusionSphere OpenStack. The fault is generally caused by incorrect configuration of FusionSphere OpenStack. In this case, go to Step 3.

Step 3 Log in to the ServiceCenter active node as user galaxmanager.

Step 4 Run the following command to enter the engineering mode:
gotoEngineerMode
Default password: Huawei@CLOUD8!

Step 5 Run the following command to open the workflow log:
vi /var/log/goku/orchestrator/orchestrator.log
Search for the number of the failed order in the workflow log. Starting from the search result, find the volume ID. Contact FusionSphere OpenStack engineers for troubleshooting assistance.

----End

Other related questions:
How Do I Quickly Troubleshoot the Failure in Creating an EVS Disk on ServiceCenter
【Product�? ServiceCenter 【Version�? 3.0, 3.0.SPC2, 3.0.5, 3.0.5.SP1, 3.0.5.SP2, 3.0.5.SP3, 3.0.5.SP5, 3.0.7, and 3.0.8 【Question�? How do I quickly troubleshoot the failure in creating an EVS disk on ServiceCenter? 【Answer�? You can troubleshoot the failure based on the error information contained in the failed order. Step 1 Choose User Center > My Applications, and view the application order associated with the EVS disk creation failure. Step 2 Click the application order ID. View the failure cause on the bottom of the order details page. If the failure cause is Internal error. or Parameter error., locate the fault on ServiceCenter. If the failure cause contains openstack cinder create volume failed, the error message is returned by FusionSphere OpenStack. The fault is generally caused by incorrect configuration of FusionSphere OpenStack. In this case, go to Step 3. Step 3 Log in to the ServiceCenter active node as user galaxmanager. Step 4 Run the following command to enter the engineering mode: gotoEngineerMode Default password: Huawei@CLOUD8! Step 5 Run the following command to open the workflow log: vi /var/log/goku/orchestrator/orchestrator.log Search for the number of the failed order in the workflow log. Starting from the search result, find the volume ID. Contact FusionSphere OpenStack engineers for troubleshooting assistance. ----End

How Do I Quickly Troubleshoot the Failure in Deleting a VM on ServiceCenter
【Product�? ServiceCenter 【Version�? 3.0, 3.0.SPC2, 3.0.5, 3.0.5.SP1, 3.0.5.SP2, 3.0.5.SP3, 3.0.5.SP5, 3.0.7, and 3.0.8 【Question�? How do I quickly troubleshoot the failure in deleting a VM on ServiceCenter? 【Answer�? You can troubleshoot the failure based on the error information contained in the failed order. Step 1 Choose User Center > My Applications, and view the application order associated with the VM deletion failure. Step 2 Click the application order ID. View the failure cause on the bottom of the order details page. If the failure cause is Internal error. or Parameter error., locate the fault on ServiceCenter. If the failure cause contains openstack nova delete server failed, the error message is returned by FusionSphere OpenStack. The fault is generally caused by incorrect configuration of FusionSphere OpenStack. In this case, go to Step 3. Step 3 Log in to the ServiceCenter active node as user galaxmanager. Step 4 Run the following command to enter the engineering mode: gotoEngineerMode Default password: Huawei@CLOUD8! Step 5 Run the following command to open the workflow log: vi /var/log/goku/orchestrator/orchestrator.log Search for the number of the failed order in the workflow log. Starting from the search result, find the VM ID or volume ID. Contact FusionSphere OpenStack engineers for troubleshooting assistance. ----End

How Do I Quickly Troubleshoot the Failure in Mounting a Disk to a VM on ServiceCenter
【Product�? ServiceCenter 【Version�? 3.0, 3.0.SPC2, 3.0.5, 3.0.5.SP1, 3.0.5.SP2, 3.0.5.SP3, 3.0.5.SP5, 3.0.7, and 3.0.8 【Question�? How do I quickly troubleshoot the failure in mounting a disk to a VM on ServiceCenter? 【Answer�? You can troubleshoot the failure based on the error information contained in the failed order. Step 1 Choose User Center > My Applications, and view the application order associated with the failure in mounting a disk to a VM. Step 2 Click the application order ID. View the failure cause on the bottom of the order details page. If the failure cause is Internal error. or Parameter error., locate the fault on ServiceCenter. If the failure cause contains openstack cinder attach volume failed, the error message is returned by FusionSphere OpenStack. The fault is generally caused by incorrect configuration of FusionSphere OpenStack. In this case, go to Step 3. Step 3 Log in to the ServiceCenter active node as user galaxmanager. Step 4 Run the following command to enter the engineering mode: gotoEngineerMode Default password: Huawei@CLOUD8! Step 5 Run the following command to open the workflow log: vi /var/log/goku/orchestrator/orchestrator.log Search for the number of the failed order in the workflow log. Starting from the search result, find the VM ID or volume ID. Contact FusionSphere OpenStack engineers for troubleshooting assistance. ----End

How Do I Quickly Troubleshoot the Failure in Changing the VM Flavor on ServiceCenter
【Product�? ServiceCenter 【Version�? 3.0, 3.0.SPC2, 3.0.5, 3.0.5.SP1, 3.0.5.SP2, 3.0.5.SP3, 3.0.5.SP5, 3.0.7, and 3.0.8 【Question�? How do I quickly troubleshoot the failure in changing the VM flavor on ServiceCenter? 【Answer�? You can troubleshoot the failure based on the error information contained in the failed order. Step 1 Choose User Center > My Applications, and view the application order associated with the VM flavor change failure. Step 2 Click the application order ID. View the failure cause on the bottom of the order details page. If the failure cause is Internal error. or Parameter error., locate the fault on ServiceCenter. If the failure cause contains resize server failed or attach interface failed, the error message is returned by FusionSphere OpenStack. The fault is generally caused by incorrect configuration of FusionSphere OpenStack. In this case, go to Step 3. Step 3 Log in to the ServiceCenter active node as user galaxmanager. Step 4 Run the following command to enter the engineering mode: gotoEngineerMode Default password: Huawei@CLOUD8! Step 5 Run the following command to open the workflow log: vi /var/log/goku/orchestrator/orchestrator.log Search for the number of the failed order in the workflow log. Starting from the search result, find the VM ID or volume ID. Contact FusionSphere OpenStack engineers for troubleshooting assistance. ----End

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top