How to reset the password for logging in to a TC

You can use TCM to reset the password for logging in to a TC.
You can restore a Linux TC to its factory settings or log in to a Windows TC as the Admin user and change the password.
If you want to restore the default settings of a Windows TC, you need to refresh the system.

Other related questions:
Method used to restore a TC password
You can restore a TC password by resetting the TC to factory settings. Note that all user configurations will be lost after this operation. The steps for resetting the TC are as follows: 1. Restart the TC and press Ctrl during the startup. 2. Press Ctrl+U and select Restore ConfigurationRestore from the displayed menu.

How can I reset the password of the admin user for logging in to the OMU portal?
You can reset the password of the Admin user in CLI mode. VCN3000 V100R001C01: 1. Log in to the server as the root user. Note: The default password of the root user is Change_Me. 2. Run the following command to reset the password of the Admin user to the initial password: su -c "psql -d omu -U omuadmin -c \"update tbl_omu_user_info set passwd='f0923a2988ada0d95570a304ef15671ce8df23683c83e1c5c98db502fc9fccf3', first_flg='1' where user_name='Admin';\"" - postgres If the following information is displayed, the password is reset successfully: UPDATE=1 3. Use the initial password to log in to the OMU portal and change the password. Note: The initial password of the Admin user for logging in to the OMU portal is Change_Me. VCN3000 V100R002C00: 1. Log in to the server as the root user. Note: The default password of the root user is Change_Me. 2. Run the following command to reset the password of the Admin user to the initial password: su -c "psql -d omu -U omuadmin -c \"update tbl_omu_user_info set lock_status='0' ,lock_time='0' ,passwd='f0923a2988ada0d95570a304ef15671ce8df23683c83e1c5c98db502fc9fccf3', first_flg='1' , salt='' where user_name='Admin';\"" - postgres If the following information is displayed, the password is reset successfully: UPDATE=1 3. Use the initial password to log in to the OMU portal and change the password. Note: The initial password of the Admin user for logging in to the OMU portal is Change_Me. VCN500 V100R002C00: 1. Log in to the server as the Admin user and run the su - root command to switch to the root user. 2. Run the following command to reset the password of the Admin user to the initial password: su postgres -c "/home/postgres/bin/psql -p 6000 -d omu -c \"update tbl_omu_user_info set passwd='f0923a2988ada0d95570a304ef15671ce8df23683c83e1c5c98db502fc9fccf3', salt='', first_flg=1 where user_name='Admin';\"" 3. Use the initial password to log in to the OMU portal and change the password. Note: The initial password of the Admin user for logging in to the OMU portal is Change_Me.

How to reset a password in FusionStorage
On FusionStorage, choose System > Users and security > User Management. The User Management page is displayed. Enter the username and click . The user that meets the search criteria is displayed. Locate the row that contains the user whose password needs to be reset and click Reset Password. A dialog box is displayed. Enter a new password and the confirm password. The new password must comply with the pre-configured password policies. Click Reset. The password of the user is successfully reset.

What can I do if I forgot the administrator password of the TE endpoint
For details about how to do if you forget the administrator password of a TE series endpoint, see Setting the Administrator Password.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top