Method used to determine whether ODUk SNCP protection switching succeeds in the OSN 6800

You can query for the ODU_SNCP_PS alarm (ODUk SNCP protection switching alarm), or query the current status of the ODUk SNCP protection group on the NMS.

Other related questions:
Switching time of ODUk SNCP protection
The switching time of ODUk SNCP protection cannot exceed 50 ms, excluding the detection time.

Principle and protected object of ODUk SNCP protection in the OSN 8800
ODUk SNCP protection is a type of linear protection implemented using the dual feeding and selective receiving function. ITUT-T G.873.1 defines it as a linear OTN protection for ODUk services. Usually, one tributary board and two line boards are required to configure ODUk SNCP protection and implement dual feeding and selective receiving.

ODUk SNCP protection switching conditions
ODUk SNCP is classified into SNC/I, SNC/N, and SNC/S. The difference between the three protection schemes lies in that they have different monitoring capabilities and therefore have different trigger conditions.

Principles of ODUk SNCP protection
Generally, ODUk SNCP protection needs to be configured using one tributary board and two line boards to implement dual feeding and selective receiving of ODUk services in the OTN network.

ODUk SNCP protection of the SNC/I type
ODUk SNCP (SNC/I) protects services against defects detected at the ODUk link connection (such as server layer trails and server/ODUk adaptation functions). It does not detect defects at the ODUk layer itself. Connections may be indirectly monitored by using the data that is inherently available from the server layer network.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top