Function of ODUk SPRing protection

ODUk SPRing protection uses a bidirectional switching mechanism. Since the services are bidirectional, a total of four trails are required. To be specific, two trails (working and protection trails) are configured in each direction of the services. When the working trail of a service fails, the service is switched to the protection trail. If the protection trail also fails, the service is interrupted.

Other related questions:
Switching time of ODUk SNCP protection
The switching time of ODUk SNCP protection cannot exceed 50 ms, excluding the detection time.

Principles of ODUk SNCP protection
Generally, ODUk SNCP protection needs to be configured using one tributary board and two line boards to implement dual feeding and selective receiving of ODUk services in the OTN network.

ODUk SNCP protection of the SNC/I type
ODUk SNCP (SNC/I) protects services against defects detected at the ODUk link connection (such as server layer trails and server/ODUk adaptation functions). It does not detect defects at the ODUk layer itself. Connections may be indirectly monitored by using the data that is inherently available from the server layer network.

ODUk SNCP protection switching conditions
ODUk SNCP is classified into SNC/I, SNC/N, and SNC/S. The difference between the three protection schemes lies in that they have different monitoring capabilities and therefore have different trigger conditions.

Service direction in ODUk SNCP protection
ODUk SNCP uses the dual feeding and selective receiving function of electrical-layer cross-connections to protect services on line boards and OCh fibers.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top