Method used to restart the SUSE Linux operating system

Restarting the operating system interrupts services. Therefore, exercise caution when performing this operation.
To restart the operating system, run the following command:
shutdown -r -t time now
When you restart the operating system, the remote login user exits.
The restart takes 3 to 5 minutes.

Other related questions:
Solution when the keyboard becomes invalid in the SUSE operating system
Solution when the keyboard becomes invalid in the SUSE operating system: FAQ-Why does the keyboard become invalid in the SUSE operating system

Method used to modify the timeout period for the Emulex HBA card on a device running the Linux operating system
Method used to modify the timeout period for the Emulex HBA card on a device running the Linux operating system: 1. How can I modify the timeout period for the Emulex HBA card on a device running the Linux operating system? Description: On a standard dual-switch network, Emulex HBA cards are used on the server. If one of the switchboards (switches) is faulty, the I/O suspension time before failover is about 30s. After fault locating, it can be determined that the I/O suspension is caused by the long timeout period of the HBA card. In some application scenarios, the I/O suspension time needs to be modified. 2. Solution Check the value of the lpfc_nodev_tmo parameter in the configuration file. In RHEL and Asianux, the configuration file is /etc/modprobe.conf. In SUSE, the configuration file is /etc/modprobe.conf.local. a. Check whether the UltraPath software has been installed on the server. If not, install the UltraPath software and proceed to the following steps: b. Modify the value of the lpfc_nodev_tmo parameter (add this parameter if it does not exist). For example, options lpfc lpfc_nodev_tmo=n (n is an integer and it is recommended that the value of n range from 10 to 60.) c. Run upUpdate to update the UltraPath image file. d. Restart the server to validate the modification.

Problem and solution when the keyboard does not work and an OceanStor V3 storage system is using the SUSE operating system
The keyboard does not work because the SCIM input method is incompatible with the Swing application program. Perform the following operations to exit the SCIM input method: 1. Click the SCIM icon in the right corner of the SUSE operating system. The SCIM management menu is displayed. 2. Click the exit button to exit the SCIM input method. Note: If you want to continue to use the SCIM input method, run the following command on the CLI to copy the SCIM configuration file to a specified path: sudo cp ~/.scim/config /root/.scim/

Method used to replace a KO file on SUSE?
How do I replace a KO file on SUSE? If you want to replace or add a KO file, perform the following steps: 1. Upload the KO file to the host system. The directory to which the KO file is uploaded is generally /lib/module/xxxx/kernel/scsi. 2. Modify properties of the KO file to be same as those of other KO files. 3. Load the KO file. Run the insmod /lib/module/xxxx/kernel/scsi/yyy.ko command, and then lsmod to verify that the KO file has been loaded. 4. Run the mkinitrd command on the host system to edit the kernel again. 5. Restart the host system.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top