Methods for changing the SNCP mode of an OTN

1. Convert SNC/I protection services into common cross-connections.
2. Enable the PM non-intrusive monitoring.
3. Convert the common cross-connections into SNCP services.

Other related questions:
Methods used to change the SNCP mode of the OTN
In the WDM service configuration: 1. Convert SNC/I protection services into common cross-connections. 2. Enable the PM non-intrusive monitoring. 3. Convert the common cross-connections into SNCP services.

Method used to modify the SNCP protection mode
Question: SNCP protection uses the SNC/I mode, which processes only the SM overhead. When the SNC/I mode is used to protect pass-through services, there is a bug in this mode, and you need to change this mode to the SNC/N mode to protect trunk or pass-through services. Answer: 1. Convert SNC/I protection services into common cross-connections. 2. Enable PM non-intrusive monitoring. 3. Convert the common cross-connections into SNCP services.

Function of enabling SD for SNCP services on OTN equipment
SD is caused by bit errors. If SD is enabled, SNCP switching will be triggered upon detection of bit errors. You need to set the SD status based on live network conditions.

Method used to change the protection type from SNCP/I to SNCP/N
Conversion between SNCP protection types is not allowed. You need to convert the SNCP service into a common service, and convert the common service into the desired type of SNCP service.

Modifying the SNCP mode
1. Convert the SNC/I protection services to normal cross-connections. 2. Enable PM non-intrusive monitoring. 3. Select another SNC type when converting the common cross-connections to SNCP services.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top