Function of enabling SD for SNCP services on OTN equipment

SD is caused by bit errors. If SD is enabled, SNCP switching will be triggered upon detection of bit errors. You need to set the SD status based on live network conditions.

Other related questions:
Methods for changing the SNCP mode of an OTN
1. Convert SNC/I protection services into common cross-connections. 2. Enable the PM non-intrusive monitoring. 3. Convert the common cross-connections into SNCP services.

Methods used to change the SNCP mode of the OTN
In the WDM service configuration: 1. Convert SNC/I protection services into common cross-connections. 2. Enable the PM non-intrusive monitoring. 3. Convert the common cross-connections into SNCP services.

ODUk SNCP protection switching conditions
ODUk SNCP is classified into SNC/I, SNC/N, and SNC/S. The difference between the three protection schemes lies in that they have different monitoring capabilities and therefore have different trigger conditions.

Major difference between 10GE LAN services and 10GE WAN services in OTN equipment
Their bottom-layer encapsulation structures are different. A 10GE WAN signal contains an SDH/SONET encapsulation header but a 10GE LAN signal does not. 10GE LAN service: Ethernet MAC frames are processed based on 66B/64B line coding and then are directly transmitted over an optical fiber at a rate of 10.31 Gbit/s. 10GE WAN services: Ethernet MAC frames are processed based on 66B/64B line coding, encapsulated into standard SDH/SONET frames, and then directly transmitted over an optical fiber at a rate of 9.95 Gbit/s.

Query of the SNCP service configuration and protection switching on WDM devices
Choose <b>Function Tree</b> > <b>Configuration</b> > <b>WDM service management</b> > <b>SNCP service control</b> to query the WDM service configuration and protection switching status.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top