How can I view the SNMP configuration on a CE switch

Run the display current-configuration configuration snmp command to view the SNMP configuration on a CE switch.

Other related questions:
How can I delete the SNMP configuration on a CE switch
The undo snmp-agent command disables the SNMP agent function, but does not delete the SNMP configuration. After the snmp-agent command is re-executed, the original SNMP configuration still exists. If you need to permanently delete an SNMP configuration, run appropriate undo commands.

How can I configure SNMP versions on a CE switch
Three SNMP versions are available: v1, v2c, and v3. The default SNMP version is SNMPv3. # Set the SNMP versions used by the switch to v2c and v3. system-view [~HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version v2c [*HUAWEI] commit # Configure the switch to use all SNMP versions. system-view [~HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version all [*HUAWEI] commit # Set the SNMP version used by the switch to v2c. system-view [~HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version v2c [*HUAWEI] snmp-agent sys-info version v3 disable [*HUAWEI] commit

How to view and modify the SNMP engine ID on a CE series switch
To view the local SNMP engine ID, run the display snmp-agent local-engineid command. To set the local SNMP engine ID, run the snmp-agent local-engineid engineid command. An SNMP engine ID on a network must be unique. The value of engineid is a hexadecimal string of 10�?4 characters. It consists of an enterprise ID and device information. If you want to manually set an SNMP engine ID, follow these rules: 1. The first four bytes are the vendor's private engine ID allocated by Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA). The engine ID of Huawei devices is 2011 in decimal notation. The first binary digit has a fixed value 1. Therefore, the engine ID in hexadecimal format is 800007DB. 2. The device information is configured manually. You are advised to use the IP address or MAC address of the switch as device information to uniquely identify the switch.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top