Do I need to pay attention to the mapping between activation IDs and device models

In V2R1, you do not need to pay attention to the mapping between activation IDs and device models.

In later versions of V2R2:
-For capacity licenses such as AR CT license and AR IVR license, you do not need to pay attention to the mapping between activation IDs and device models.
-For features licenses, such as AR150&160&200 value-added service package for data services and AR1200 value-added service package for security services, you need to pay attention to the mapping between activation IDs and device models.

Other related questions:
Do I need to pay attention to the mapping between activation IDs and device ESNs
When you obtain a license file for different models of the same series (for example, AR1220V and AR1220W) using the activation ID and ESN at the website, you do not need to pay attention to the mapping between activation IDs and device ESNs. When you obtain a license file for different models of the different series (for example, AR1220, AR2240, and AR2240C) using the activation ID and ESN at the website, the activation ID is valid for the same series. NOTE: When applying for a license, ensure that the ESN is case sensitive. If the case of the device ESN is different from that of the ESN in the license file, the license file cannot be activated.

What do I need to pay attention to when replacing the SMC server?
Pay attention to the following when replacing the SMC server: 1. Back up the database and configuration file. Note: It is recommended that you package the file in the original installation directory for backup. 2. Re-apply for a license. Send the contract number and ESN to license@huawei.com. Then, re-import the license.dat file of the SMC software.

What precautions do I need to pay attention to when connecting camera cables?
The precautions are as follows: In outdoor installation, a lightning arrester must be installed and the lightning rod must be grounded. The heavy current and light current cables must be separately laid. The distance between the heavy current cables and the light current cables must be greater than or equal to 5 cm. When connecting cables to the device, do not connect heavy current cables to the light current interfaces to avoid device damage. Use PVC insulation tape and waterproof tape to get all pigtails insulated and waterproofed to prevent short circuit and water leakage.

Does the mapping between license activation codes and AR models need to be considered
For licenses of V2R1, there is no need to consider the mapping between license activation codes and AR models. For licenses of V2R2 and later versions: - For capacity licenses including AR CT license and AR IVR license, there is no need to consider the mapping between license activation codes and AR models. - For feature licenses including AR150&160&200 value-added service package for data services and AR1200 value-added service package for security services, the mapping between license activation codes and AR models needs to be considered.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top