What should I do if a license fails to be reloaded after the license revoke command is executed on an S series switches

After the license revoke command is executed on an S series switches (except the S1700), the existing license file on the switch becomes invalid and a license revocation code is returned. In this case, you need to apply for a new license file and load it to the switch.
A license revocation code is a character string generated after you run the license revoke command. The license revocation code determines whether the corresponding license file is invalid. The invalid license file is recorded on the switch and can no longer be activated on the switch.
You need to provide the license revocation code to apply for a new license.

Other related questions:
Function of the license revoke command on an S series switches
icense revoke command on an S series switches is used to make an existing Global Trotter License (GTL) file become invalid and to obtain a license revocation code.

Generally, the GTL file on a switch needs to be upgraded to ensure switch performance in the following situations: - Add new features. - Optimize switch performance or functions. - Fix bugs in the current version. When the GTL file is activated on the switch but the GTL file expires, you need to apply for a new GTL file, and then upgrade and activate the GTL file. Otherwise, the GTL file becomes invalid upon expiration, causing disabling of service modules and service interruption. Before upgrading a GTL file, run the license revoke command to revoke the existing GTL file. The system then returns a license revocation code. The license revocation code identifies an invalid GTL file and is essential for requesting a new GTL file.

Note: A license revocation code is a character string generated after you run the license revoke command. The license revocation code determines whether the corresponding license file is invalid. The invalid license file is recorded on the switch and can no longer be activated on the switch.

How do I revoke the license on the SC?
To revoke the license on the SC, perform the following operations: 1. Run the system-view command to enter the system view. 2. Run the revoke-license command to revoke the current license on the SC. For details, see the HUAWEI SMC2.0 V500R002C00 SC Command Reference Guide.

How do I revoke the license of VP96XX series MCUs?
To revoke the license of VP96XX series MCUs, perform the following operations: Log in to the MCU web interface, choose Settings > System status > License, and manually revoke the license.

What should I do if I failed to import the license file into the MCU?
The possible causes are as follows: First, check the license file. For example, check whether the license file has been damaged or whether you have applied for the correct license file. Second, check the import operations. For example, check whether the license file path is correct or whether the import operations are correct. For a VP9000 series MCU, if the import still fails, upgrade the MCU to V500R002C00 or a later version. It is because versions earlier than V500R002C00 do not support universal transfer. To import a universal transfer license, you must upgrade the MCU to V500R002C00 or a later version.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top