What can I do after forgetting the console password of an NE router

If you can still log in to the device through other methods, such as Telnet, log in to the device and change the password based on the authentication mode displayed on the console user interface.
If the authentication mode is password authentication (configured by running the authentication-mode password command in the console user interface view), run the set authentication password command in the console user interface view to change the console password.
If the authentication mode is AAA authentication (configured by running the authentication-mode aaa command in the console user interface view), run the local-user user-name password command in the AAA view to change the console password.
If you cannot log in to the device through other methods, restart the device and press Ctrl+B during startup to enter the BootROM window. Then, delete the configuration file as prompted to start the device with an empty configuration file.
Note:
For security purposes, configure the password for console and other login modes, such as Telnet, as soon as possible.

You can download the configuration file through FTP and manually change the console password in the configuration file or change the authentication mode on the console user interface. Then, specify the modified configuration file as the configuration file for next startup, upload the configuration file, and restart the device.

This method applies to NE20Es, NE40Es, ME60s, and NE5000Es.

Other related questions:
How to configure or change the password for console port login on an AR
You can use either of the following methods to configure or change the password for console port login on an AR: Method 1: Log in to the AR using Telnet or other remote login modes, and configure and change the console port login password. The following is an example (using Telnet): If you have a Telnet account and administrator rights, log in to the AR using Telnet, change the console port login password, and save the configuration. 1. Log in to the AR using a Telnet account. 2. Change the console port login password. The following example changes the authentication mode to password authentication and the password to huawei@123. [Huawei] user-interface console 0 [Huawei-ui-console0] authentication-mode password [Huawei-ui-console0] set authentication password cipher huawei@123 //Enter the password in interactive mode (V200R005C00 and later versions). [Huawei-ui-console0] return The following example changes the authentication mode to AAA authentication, user name to admin123, and password to Huawei@123. [Huawei] user-interface console 0 [Huawei-ui-console0] authentication-mode aaa [Huawei-ui-console0] quit [Huawei] aaa [Huawei-aaa] local-user admin123 password irreversible-cipher Huawei@123 [Huawei-aaa] local-user admin123 privilege level 15 [Huawei-aaa] local-user admin123 service-type terminal [Huawei-aaa] return 3. Run the save command to save the configuration to prevent configuration loss after a restart. Method 2: Clear the console port login password on the BootROM menu and change the password. You can clear the password for console port login on the BootROM menu. The system can skip password check when you log in to it through the console port. After the AR restarts, change the console port login password and save the configuration. // After the password is cleared, no password is required for the first login through the serial port. If you do not promptly change the password, you cannot re-login through the serial port after logout. 1. Connect a serial cable to the AR and restart it. When the message "Press Ctrl+B to break auto startup ..." is displayed, press Ctrl+B and enter the default password ("huawei" for V200R003C01 and earlier versions, and "Admin@huawei" for V200R005C00 and later versions) to enter the BootROM main menu. 2. Choose Password Manager > Clear the console login password > Return > Default Startup on the BootROM main menu. On the page that is displayed, clear the console port login password. Note: When you log in through the console port after the system is started, you will encounter three conditions depending on the device model. Perform the following operations as required: a. If the system prompts you to enter the password when you log in, set a password. b. If the AR is running V200R005C30 or a later version, enter the default user name (admin) and password (Admin@huawei). c. If no authentication is required when you log in, configure the console port password after the login.

What can I do if I forget the password for logging in to an IPC
Restore the IPC to factory defaults to obtain the initial password. You restore the IPC to factory defaults in either of the following ways: Hold down the RESET button on the IPC for more than 3s to restore the device to factory defaults. Then, you can obtain the initial password HuaWei123. Use SSH to log in to the IPC as the admin user and run the rm -f /usr/log/config* and rm -f /usr/setting/config* commands. Then, run the reboot -f command to restart the IPC. Then, you can obtain the initial password HuaWei123. This case applies to IPC2601-P, IPC5601-P, IPC2701-P, IPC5701-P, IPC2811-WD-Z20, IPC5811-WD-Z20, IPC2611-LTE, IPC2611-F and IPC5611-F. So do IPC5611-WD-F, IPC6111-I, IPC6111-L1-I, IPC6121-I, IPC6121-WD-I, IPC6511-Z20-FI, IPC6511-Z20-I, IPC6521-Z20-FI, and IPC6521-Z20-I. Restoring an IPC to factory defaults will restore all settings to default settings. Therefore, it is recommended that you record your password and keep it secure. For details about the default password of the admin user, see the User Guide of the required IPC model.

Method used to restore a TC password
You can restore a TC password by resetting the TC to factory settings. Note that all user configurations will be lost after this operation. The steps for resetting the TC are as follows: 1. Restart the TC and press Ctrl during the startup. 2. Press Ctrl+U and select Restore ConfigurationRestore from the displayed menu.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top