How do I set a proper interval for sending beacon frames

The AP sends Beacon frames at intervals, notifying a STA of the WLAN. The AP also notifies the STA that AP data will be sent to the STA based on the DTIM in Beacon frames.

When the interval at which Beacon frames are sent is set to 1000 ms, mobile device save more power. However, packets are buffered on the AP and are not sent to STAs immediately. As a result, there is a delay in sending ping packets and some packets are lost. It is recommended that the interval be set to 100 ms.

Run the beacon-interval command in the radio profile view to set the interval to 100 ms.

Other related questions:
How to set the length of a Jumbo frame
The procedure for setting the length of a Jumbo frame is described on the right.

The number of lost I-frames that are sent exceeded the alarm threshold. What can I do?
The packet loss alarm is generated based on the number of lost I-frames reported by the MCU. In the Nlogv2 configuration module on the SMC2.0 web interface, you can set the alarm threshold for the number of lost I-frames. The default alarm threshold is 2 frames/3s.

Does an AP listen to and send frames over one channel
An AP receives or sends frames over one channel at one time. - In Normal AP mode, an AP sends and receives frames over the configured channel. - During neighbor detection, an AP sends probe request frames to all channels and receives probe response frames. - In station mode, an AP listens to Beacon frames over all channels.

How can I enable NAT log and set a log interval
NAT logs are generated when the device performs address translation. Configuration Example Configure the device to generate NAT logs at an interval of 200 seconds. system-view [Huawei] firewall log all enable [Huawei] info-center enable [Huawei] firewall log defend log-interval 200

How to set an interval for sending LBDT packets on an S series switches and how to distinguish LBDT packets sent by different interfaces
S series (except the S1700) and E series switches send LBDT packets in the following modes: 1. For fixed switches in V100R005 - An LBDT packet is sent every 100 ms. You can run the loopback-detect interval interval-time command to set an interval for sending LBDT packets. In the command, the value of interval-time ranges from 5 to 300, in seconds. By default, the interval for sending LBDT packets is 30s. - LBDT packets sent by different interfaces are distinguished based on protocol IDs carried in the packets. By default, the protocol ID of interface 1 on the S3700 is 0x606 and the protocol IDs of the other interfaces are incremented. You can run the loopback-detect protocol protocol-id command to manually set a protocol ID. Note that the protocol ID cannot be the same as an existing protocol ID. For details, see the command reference. 2. For fixed switches in V100R006 and later versions, modular switches, and E series switches - An LBDT packet is sent every 5s. You can run the loopback-detect packet-interval packet-interval-time command to set an interval for sending LBDT packets. The value of packet-interval-time ranges from 1 to 300, in seconds. - LBDT packets sent by different interfaces are distinguished based on interface indexes carried in the packets. Note: LBDT packets are sent frequently. Therefore, the CPU usage will increase if the LBDT function is enabled on all interfaces.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top