Must the pvc-group be configured on the DTE and DCE interfaces in the FR network

It is not necessary to configure the pvc-group on the both ends of an FR interface. The pvc-group is used to send packets separately based on their priority. The pvc-group can be configured on one end or both two ends of an FR interface.

Other related questions:
Do PVCs need to be configured on the DCE and DTE interfaces on FR networks
PVCs need to be configured on the DCE interface. Otherwise, the DCE interface cannot be pinged. PVCs are not mandatory on the DTE interface. However, if PVCs are configured on the DTE interface, the DLCI of the DTE interface must be the same as that of the DCE interface.

Do I have to configure PVCs for interfaces on the DCE or DTE side of an FR link
You must configure a permanent virtual circuit (PVC) for the interface on the data circuit-terminating equipment (DCE) side. Otherwise, the device cannot be pinged. You can configure a PVC for the interface on the data terminal equipment (DTE) side as required. If you configure a PVC for the interface on the DTE side, ensure that the data link connection identifier (DLCI) is the same as that on the DCE side.

Why is the PVC group always in inactive state after I configure the PVC group on an FR interface
You must configure permanent virtual circuits (PVCs) for the PVC group. Each IP packet priority must be assigned to a PVC. For details, see Configuring IPoFR Through a Single Link in the Configuration Guide - WAN.

Can I configure PVC groups on MFR interfaces
No. Multilink frame relay (MFR) interfaces do not support permanent virtual circuit (PVC) groups.

Do I have to configure PVC groups for both ends of an FR link at the same time
No. A permanent virtual circuit (PVC) group is used to classify and send packets based on different priorities. You can configure a PVC group on one end, or simultaneously configure PVC groups on both ends.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top