Why is the interface still in Down state after I create an MFR interface and configure the PVC and IP address on the interface

The following conditions must be met for a multilink frame relay (MFR) interface to be in the Up state:

1. The MFR interface must work in data circuit-terminating equipment (DCE) mode. You can run the fr interface-type dce command to change the MFR interface type to DCE.
2. The MFR interface must be bound to a physical interface. Run the link-protocol fr mfr interface-number command to bind an interface to the MFR interface.

Other related questions:
Why is the interface still in Down state after I create an MFR interface and configure the PVC and IP address on the interface
The following conditions must be met for a multilink frame relay (MFR) interface to be in the Up state: 1. The MFR interface must work in data circuit-terminating equipment (DCE) mode. You can run the fr interface-type dce command to change the MFR interface type to DCE. 2. The MFR interface must be bound to a physical interface. Run the link-protocol fr mfr interface-number command to bind an interface to the MFR interface.

Can I configure PVC groups on MFR interfaces
No. Multilink frame relay (MFR) interfaces do not support permanent virtual circuit (PVC) groups.

Why is the PVC group always in inactive state after I configure the PVC group on an FR interface
You must configure permanent virtual circuits (PVCs) for the PVC group. Each IP packet priority must be assigned to a PVC. For details, see Configuring IPoFR Through a Single Link in the Configuration Guide - WAN.

Why is the dialer interface still Up when the physical status of the dialer interface is Down
When the physical interface that is not connected to a cable is Down, the dialer interface displays Snoofing Up. This situation is normal. You can run the dialer number 1 autodial command so that the dialer interface changes as the physical interface.

After configuring the IP address on a sub-Interface, why can I not ping the sub-interface
You have to run arp broadcast enable on the sub-interface to be able to ping the sub-interface.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top