What is the difference between the PVC group and MFR

The pvc-group command is used to bind PVCs and classify data service flows. MFR is used to bind physical interfaces and increase link bandwidth.

Other related questions:
Can I configure PVC groups on MFR interfaces
No. Multilink frame relay (MFR) interfaces do not support permanent virtual circuit (PVC) groups.

Why is the PVC group always in inactive state after I configure the PVC group on an FR interface
You must configure permanent virtual circuits (PVCs) for the PVC group. Each IP packet priority must be assigned to a PVC. For details, see Configuring IPoFR Through a Single Link in the Configuration Guide - WAN.

Why is the interface still in Down state after I create an MFR interface and configure the PVC and IP address on the interface
The following conditions must be met for a multilink frame relay (MFR) interface to be in the Up state: 1. The MFR interface must work in data circuit-terminating equipment (DCE) mode. You can run the fr interface-type dce command to change the MFR interface type to DCE. 2. The MFR interface must be bound to a physical interface. Run the link-protocol fr mfr interface-number command to bind an interface to the MFR interface.

Must the pvc-group be configured on the DTE and DCE interfaces in the FR network
It is not necessary to configure the pvc-group on the both ends of an FR interface. The pvc-group is used to send packets separately based on their priority. The pvc-group can be configured on one end or both two ends of an FR interface.

What is the difference between the link aggregation group in LACP mode and in manually configured link aggregation group in terms of forwarding performance
For S series switches (except the S1700), there is no difference between an LACP aggregation group and a manually configured link aggregation group in terms of forwarding performance.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top