What should I do if I do not know the PPP authentication mode of the PPPoE server when the device functions as a PPPoE client

PPPoE authentication will fail if inconsistent PPP authentication modes are used on the PPPoE server and client. If you do not know the PPPoE authentication mode provided by the carrier, you are advised to configure both CHAP and PAP authentication modes on the device. The device will dynamically determine the authentication mode based on packets exchanged with the PPPoE server.

Run the ppp chap user username command in the dialer interface view to configure a user name for CHAP authentication.

Run the ppp chap password cipher password command in the dialer interface view to configure a password for CHAP authentication.

Run the ppp pap local-user username password cipher password command in the dialer interface view to configure a user name and a password for PAP authentication.

Other related questions:
How do I configure PPPoE authentication users
[Huawei] aaa //Enter the AAA view. [Huawei-aaa] local-user user1@system password //Create a local user and configure the login password of the local user. By default, the login password of the local user is admin@huawei.com. The configured user name and password must be the same as those configured on the PPPoE client. [Huawei-aaa] local-user user1@system service-type ppp //Set the service type to PPP. Determine whether to run the domain command to configure a domain as needed. By default, the default domain exists in the system and the default domain contains the default authentication scheme. If the user name of a user does not contain the domain name, the user is added to the default domain and local authentication is performed for the user by default.

When the device functions as a PPPoE client to obtain public IP addresses, how do I configure NAT service on a dialer interface
Run the nat outbound acl-number command on the dialer interface to configure Internet access in Easy IP mode.

Do WLAN devices support PPPoE
Fat APs and ACs in V200R006 and earlier versions do not support PPPoE dial-up.

Configuration note when the AR G3 series is used as the PPPoE client
Configuration note when the AR G3 series is used as the PPPoE client: When dual uplink is used, you are not advised to configure load balancing based on equal-cost routes. If the AR connects to networks of two carriers, the packet delay is different, causing packet mis-sequencing and retransmission. The Internet access is slow.

What can I do if an interface on a PPPoE client frequently alternates between Up and Down states

The possible causes are as follows:

-The IP address assigned to the interface by the PPPoE server is the same as that of another interface on the PPPoE client.

Solution: Change the conflicting IP address on the PPPoE client or run the remote address command on the PPPoE server to change the IP address assigned to the interface.

• -All IP addresses in the address pool on the PPPoE server have been allocated to PPPoE clients and no IP address is available for this interface.

Solution: Run the network (IP address pool view) command in the IP address pool view on the PPPoE server to expand the IP address range of the IP address pool.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top