How do I convert RADIUS attributes after replacing an ME60 gateway with an AR router

After an AR router replaces an ME60 gateway, some RADIUS attributes of the AR router need to be converted into corresponding RADIUS attributes of the ME60 gateway so that the AR router can properly connect to the RADIUS server.

For example, the mapping of Huawei proprietary attributes of the AR router and ME60 gateway is as follows:

• Proprietary RADIUS attribute 1 (HW-Input-Peak-Information-Rate) of the AR router corresponds to proprietary RADIUS attribute 3 of the ME60 gateway.
  • Proprietary RADIUS attribute 3 (HW-Input-Committed-Burst-Size) of the AR router corresponds to proprietary RADIUS attribute 1 of the ME60 gateway.

• According to the preceding mapping, convert proprietary RADIUS attribute 1 to proprietary RADIUS attribute 3, and proprietary RADIUS attribute 3 to proprietary RADIUS attribute 1 on the AR router.

• Run the radius-server attribute translate command in the RADIUS server template view to enable RADIUS attribute translation.
  • Run the radius-attribute translate HW-Input-Peak-Information-Rate HW-Input-Committed-Burst-Size receive command in the RADIUS server template view to convert proprietary RADIUS attribute 1 in received packets to proprietary RADIUS attribute 3.
  • Run the radius-attribute translate HW-Input-Committed-Burst-Size HW-Input-Peak-Information-Rate receive command in the RADIUS server template view to convert proprietary RADIUS attribute 3 in received packets to proprietary RADIUS attribute 1.

• When receiving packets containing proprietary RADIUS attribute 1 or 3 from the RADIUS server, the AR router can properly obtain attribute information.

For the mapping between other attributes, for example, between proprietary RADIUS attribute 4 (HW-Output-Peak-Information-Rate) of the AR router and proprietary RADIUS attribute 6 of the ME60 gateway, you can configure attribute translation similarly. For details about the mapping between attributes, see the RADIUS attribute table for the AR router and that for the ME60 gateway in the corresponding product documentation.

Other related questions:
    How do I know RADIUS attributes supported by the AR
    You can run the display radius-attribute command to check RADIUS attributes supported by the AR.

Method used to convert a non-gateway NE to a gateway NE
    1. Choose Administration > DCN Management from the U2000 main menu. 2. In the Filter dialog box, select the common NE to be modified. The selected common NEs are displayed on the NE tab. 3. Select a common NE from the list, right-click NE Name, and choose Change to GNE from the shortcut menu. 4. In the displayed Change to GNE dialog box, set GNE Type and IP Address or NSAP Address.

Will the configuration of an AR router be lost after the SRU is replaced
    The configuration file of an AR router is stored in the storage medium of the SRU. For a single-control router, the configuration of a router is subject to the new SRU. For a dual-control router, the router automatically copies the configuration file to the standby SRU after the active SRU is switched over to the standby SRU.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
    To iKnow To Live Chat
    Scroll to top