How do I change the local and remote discriminators of a BFD session

Once configured, the local and remote discriminators of a Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) session cannot be changed. If you have to change the local and remote discriminators of a BFD session, delete the BFD session and reconfigure the BFD session.

Other related questions:
How to change local and remote discriminators on the AR router
For static BFD sessions, when the session is created for the first time, a single-hop BFD session is bound to a local interface, while a multi-hop session is not. For dynamic BFD sessions, query the routes to determine whether a BFD session is a single-hop session or a multi-hop session. BFP for Internal Border Gateway Protocol (IBGP) sessions are multi-hop sessions.

How do I distinguish a single-hop BFD session and a multi-hop BFD session
Static BFD sessions: When the session is created for the first time, a single-hop BFD session is bound to a local interface while a multi-hop session is not. Dynamic BFD sessions: Query the routes to determine whether a BFD session is a single-hop session or a multi-hop session. BFD for Internal Border Gateway Protocol (IBGP) sessions are multi-hop sessions.

How do I select the local or remote camera using the DP300 touchscreen?
To control a local or remote camera, select the camera first. For details, see 6.12.1 Selecting a Camera.

How do I change the web login session timeout interval on the SMC2.0?
To change the web login session timeout interval on the SMC2.0, modify the Web.config file in D:\Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd\SMC 2.0\Web. The procedure is as follows: 1. Change the value of NoOperateTime, in minutes. The last operation time is updated whenever a user performs an operation on the SMC2.0 web interface, such as a mouse operation. 2. Change the value of SessionOverTime. This configuration item indicates the session timeout interval when the page receives no request and is used to set the status of a user to offline when the user exits abnormally (for example, when the user directly closes the page). When changing the value of SessionOverTime, refer to the timeout attribute of SessionState. The value of SessionOverTime cannot be less than that of timeout; otherwise, the setting is invalid. 3. Restart the service or server.

Is the BFD Echo function applicable to multi-hop BFD sessions
The BFD Echo function is only applicable to single-hop BFD sessions. For two directly connected devices, one device supports BFD, and the other device supports only forwarding at the network layer and does not support BFD. To rapidly detect forwarding failures between the two devices, configure the BFD Echo function on the BFD-supporting device. The BFD-supporting device sends an Echo Request packet to the remote device, and the remote device sends the Echo Request packet back along the same path to detect the connectivity of the forwarding link.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top