Note information when creating disk domains on OceanStor V3

1. You are advised to create different disk domains for various services that have different I/O models.
2. Configuring the disk domain across engines is not recommended.
3. At the same tier of a disk domain, the capacity of each disk must be the same.
4. You can use eDesigner to calculate the number of disks in a disk domain according to customers' performance requirements. Please visit
http://app.huawei.com/unistar/edesigner/solutionAction!showHome.action?CsrfToken=f46c693ceaa6498b844726e325e435f1

Other related questions:
Restrictions on creating a disk domain across engines in the OceanStor V3 Series
Currently, cross-engine disk domain creation based on IP scale-out is not recommended. You are advised to create a disk domain on one engine. If you want to create a disk domain across engines, evaluate your service performance and ensure that the bandwidth does not exceed 10GE and the latency meets your service requirements.

Recommended number of disks in each disk domain of the OceanStor V3 storage
Each tier under each disk domain has a maximum of 50 disks. Each disk domain has fewer than 100 disks.

Principles and impact of expanding disk domains of OceanStor V3 storage systems
After the new disks are added to a disk domain, the system automatically performs migration to ensure that the used capacity of each disk is the same. The migration speed is related to the load of the disk domain. For example, if the I/O load on the disk domain is heavy, the migration speed is reduced; if the I/O load on the disk domain is light, the migration speed is relatively high. The migration speed has no major impact on the performance of a disk domain. However, it is still recommended to perform migration when the service load is light.

Recommended hot spare policy for disk domains of the OceanStor V3 storage
The high hot spare policy is recommended for disk domains of the OceanStor V3 storage.

Maximum number of disks in a disk domain of 6900 V3
The OceanStor 6900 V3 storage system V300R001 supports a maximum of 2000 disks in a single disk domain. For detailed specifications, see V3R1 Latest Software Specifications.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top