Reason for the automatic disconnection between an OceanStor V3 storage system and HP-UX 11i v2 host

If no I/O interaction is performed within approximately one minute, the connection between an OceanStor V3 storage system and HP-UX 11i v2 host is automatically interrupted. On the management page of the storage system, you can see that the host initiator is in the disconnected status. If no I/O is involved in the follow-up operations, the connection between the storage system and host is set up again. This disconnection problem occurs due to the control mechanism of the HP-UX operating system and does not affect services.

Other related questions:
Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V2
You can configure the iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V2 as follows: 1. Check whether the iSCSI is successfully installed by running the swlist iSCSI-00 and ioscan -kfnC iscsi commands. 2. Add paths to the iSCSI program path by running the PATH=$PATH:/opt/iscsi/bin command. 3. Add the detected targets by running the iscsiutil -a -I [Target IP] command. 4. Add an initiator to the host on the array and map the initiator to the LUNs. 5. Scan for the target device on the host by running the /usr/sbin/ioscan -H 255 command.

Method used to configure iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V3
Method used to configure iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V3: 1. HP-UX 11i V3 is similar to HP-UX 11i V2, but HP-UX 11i V3 scans for different target devices. Therefore, you can refer to the configuration method of HP-UX 11i V2. 2. Run /usr/sbin/ioscan -NH 64000 to scan for target devices.

HUAWEI SAN Storage Host Connectivity Guide for HP-UX
You can obtain HUAWEI SAN Storage Host Connectivity Guide for HP-UX from .

Difference between T V2 and V3 storage
The difference between the V3 and T V2 storage is as follows: V3 upgrades the hardware architecture and provides new interface modules.

Bonding of Fibre Channel host ports on OceanStor V3 storage systems
OceanStor V300R001 storage systems do not support the bonding of Fibre Channel host ports.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top