Why does the storage system performance deteriorate when the BBU or battery power is insufficient?

This symptom is caused by the security mechanism of the storage system. When the BBU has insufficient power or is faulty, the LUN write policy is automatically changed to write through. This compromises the performance of the storage system. If the LUN write policy needs not to be changed as the BBU power becomes insufficient, change the write policy to Write Back Mandatory.

Other related questions:
Reason why read and write performance is deteriorated
Reason why read and write performance is deteriorated: Front-end links are faulty (error codes or the host) or the system has slow disks. Error codes: Check the content of error codes. Slow disk: Check the content of slow disks. Host: Check whether the HBA card, network adapter, or upper-layer software is faulty.

Reason why only the first four disk indicators on the controller enclosure are blinking when the storage system is powered by BBUs
Reason why only the first four disk indicators on the controller enclosure are blinking when the storage system is powered by BBUs: FAQ-Why are only the first four disk indicators on the controller enclosure blinking when the storage system is powered by BBUs

Whether I can configure the storage system after the S2600 storage system is powered on and the BBU is being charged
The S2600 storage system can be configured under any circumstance.

Is it normal that a "BBU has insufficient power" alarm is displayed on the ISM after a storage system is powered on or running for a while?
Yes. The condition triggering this alarm is that the BBU is being charged. After the BBU is fully charged, this alarm is cleared automatically. If this alarm persists after a long period of time, replace the BBU with a new one and wait until the charging completes. If the alarm still persists, contact technical support engineers.

Reason why the application server breaks down if the storage system is powered off unexpectedly when I/O operations on file systems and raw disks are performed on the Solaris application server
Reason why the application server breaks down if the storage system is powered off unexpectedly when I/O operations on file systems and raw disks are performed on the Solaris application server: FAQ-Why Does the Application Server Break Down If the Storage System Is Powered Off Unexpectedly When I/O Operations on File Systems and Raw Disks Are Performed on the Solaris Application Server

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top