How Can I Do If Importing a License File Fails?

Importing a license file may fail because of an incompatible tool version, incorrect license file, incorrect network, or incorrect gateway. To rectify the fault, perform the following operations:
? Upgrade the tool version to the desired one.
? Ensure that the license file is correct and the SN used is consistent with that of the storage device.
? If the PC is connected to several networks, disconnect or disable network ports that are not used for deployment.
? Ensure that the gateway vendor is correct: Log in as user support to the file engine using the IP address of the file engine's management network port and execute cat/opt/HS/conf/product.ini to ensure that vendor is huawei and gateway is yes. If the gateway vendor remains incorrect, execute /opt/HS/factory/scripts/n8000_init.sh on each node and set the gateway vendor to HWG using the serial ports. Then restart all nodes and perform the previous operation again.

Other related questions:
How do I import the license on the SC?
A standalone SC has an independent license. For the embedded SC, you apply for and load the license of the SMC2.0. You can view the ESN of a standalone SC in the SC details on the SC management page. The ESN is used for binding during license application. To import the license on a standalone SC, log in to the SC and click Import License in the upper right corner.

How can I import licenses to the SMC2.0?
To import licenses to the SMC2.0, perform the following operations: 1. Log in to the web interface of the SMC2.0 as the admin user. 2. Choose Help > View License. 3. Click Import License, select the path for storing the license file, and click Upload. The value of License status is changed to Normal. 4. On the View License page, verify that the imported license is the one you applied for. If the imported license file is not the one you applied for, contact Huawei technical support engineers.

If the U1900 has imported a license file, can I decide to not use the license (invalidate the license)?
After a license is imported into the U1900, you can run the config disable license command to invalidate the license. The system uses the default license after the imported license is invalidated. Note: The U1900 license cannot be re-imported after being invalidated. Complete the rollback process in the ESDP system even if the version and user data information do not change. Then apply for and load a new license following the license application procedure.

What should I do if I failed to import the license file into the MCU?
The possible causes are as follows: First, check the license file. For example, check whether the license file has been damaged or whether you have applied for the correct license file. Second, check the import operations. For example, check whether the license file path is correct or whether the import operations are correct. For a VP9000 series MCU, if the import still fails, upgrade the MCU to V500R002C00 or a later version. It is because versions earlier than V500R002C00 do not support universal transfer. To import a universal transfer license, you must upgrade the MCU to V500R002C00 or a later version.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top