Method used to query available paths in a storage system after the UltraPath software is installed

You can query available paths in the current storage system after the UltraPath software is installed by going to the FAQ-How Can I Query Which Link is Active in the Current Storage System After the UltraPath Software Is Installed website.

Other related questions:
Method used to enable UltraPath installed on the Solaris operating system
You can enable UltraPath in Solaris as follows: Go to the FAQ-How can I enable UltraPath installed on the Solaris operating system website.

Sequence of installing iSCSI initiators and UltraPath software on a Windows application server for OceanStor T Series storage systems
For the sequence of installing iSCSI initiators and UltraPath software on a Windows application server for T series storage systems, visit the following website: FAQ-On a Windows application server, what is the installation sequence of iSCSI initiator and UltraPath software for T series storage system

Why does the Windows Multi-Path I/O service remain enabled after the Multi-Path I/O software is uninstalled from and then UltraPath software is installed on a Windows Server 2008 application server?
The multipathing software for Windows Server 2008 relies on the Multi-Path I/O service; therefore, UltraPath software for Windows Server 2008 inherits Windows Multi-Path I/O service architecture and cooperates with Windows Multi-Path I/O service.

Methods used to install software using CD-ROMs
One method is to map a drive to the VM, and the other method is to convert the CD-ROM into ISO files and mount the files to the VM.

Method used to migrate and install storage devices
Method used to migrate and install storage devices: 1. Stop services of the host corresponding to the storage system (the host operating system is Linux, AIX, and Solaris). Determine whether services are stopped by checking on the host and storage array sides. Check whether services on the host side have been stopped: On the CLI of the host, run iostat -xt 1 to check whether I/O values of corresponding LUNs are 0. If the value is 0 within five minutes, services on the host side have been stopped. I/O values of /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, and /dev/sdd are 0, indicating that services on the host side have been stopped. Check whether services on the storage array side have been stopped: After logging in to controller A/B of the storage array in the debug mode, run iostat -xt 1. I/O values of osp_lun/osp_lun0 and osp_lun/osp_lun1 are 0, indicating that services on the storage array side have been stopped. 2. Mark optical, SAS, and network cables to be removed so that these cables can be inserted back to the original position after migration. 3. Power off the storage system. For OceanStor S2600 storage systems, remove the network cable. 4. When installing the storage system, insert optical, SAS, and network cables back to their original positions. 5. Power on the storage system.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top