Method used to migrate data on one disk of a RAID group to other disks in the storage system

You can migrate data on one disk of a RAID group to other disks in the storage system as follows:
When the disk status is Normal and you must migrate data on the disk to a hot spare disk, manually change the disk.
Run the CLI command startdiskswap to migrate data on the faulty disk to a hot spare disk in the following format:
startdiskswap -se faulty disk enclosure ID -ss faulty disk slot ID -te target disk enclosure ID -ts target disk slot
For example, migrate data on the disk (1, 23) to the hot spare disk (1, 20) by running the following command:
startdiskswap -se 1 -ss 23 -te 1 -ts 20

Other related questions:
Method used to create RAID groups on the existing disks
You can create RAID groups on the existing disks as follows: 1. During RAID capacity planning, you must plan the RAID group level. When determining the RAID level, the following must be considered: reliability, performance, and disk utilization. 2. You must also plan the number of member disks in the RAID group. That is, you must meet requirements on the number of member disks at different RAID levels.

Method used to identify slow disks in the storage system
Method used to identify slow disks in the storage system: Slow disks refer to disks with poor performance in the storage system. Slow disks deteriorate the performance of the RAID group where the slow disks reside, or even the performance of the whole service system. To ensure stable performance of the storage system, you can perform the following steps to identify slow disks and replace them: 1. Log in to the storage device using the command line mode and enter the debug mode. For OceanStor S2600 V100R001, S5000 V100R001, S2600 R5C02, and S5000R5C02 storage, after specifying the user name and password, run debug to enter the debug mode in the CLI. For S5500T, S5600T, S5800T, S6800T, S3900, S5900, and S6900 storage systems, specify ibc_os_hs as the user name and Storage@21st as the password to enter the debug mode in the CLI. 2. Run iostat to check the disk usage, service time on each I/O, average waiting time of I/O requests, and the quantity of I/Os to be processed. Note: If values of the quantity of I/Os to be processed, average waiting time of I/O requests, service time on each I/O, and disk usage of a disk are greater than other disks, this disk is a slow disk.

Method used to migrate data on heterogeneous LUNs of the OceanStor V3 converged storage systems
You can use the LUN migration, volume mirroring, or remote replication feature to migrate data on heterogeneous LUNs of the OceanStor V3 converged storage systems.

Disk spin-down and restoring spin-down disks in a RAID group
Disk spin-down enables disks that are free of I/O operations to spin down by software control. Then the disk motors and heads stop rotating, but the power supply to the disks remains normal. You can use either of the following methods to restore spin-down disks: 1. Perform read and write operations on the spin-down disks. 2. On the ISM, disable the spin-down function for the desired RAID group. The detailed operations are as follows: a. On the ISM, choose Storage Resource > RAID. b. In the function pane on the right, select the desired RAID group and choose Advance > Set Spin-down. c. In the displayed Set Spin-down dialog box, select Forbidden.

Whether disks of S2600 storage systems can be used by S5000 storage systems
Whether disks of S2600 storage systems can be used by S5000 storage systems: FAQ-Can S2600 Disks Be Used by S5000

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top