Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V2

You can configure the iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V2 as follows:
1. Check whether the iSCSI is successfully installed by running the swlist iSCSI-00 and ioscan -kfnC iscsi commands.
2. Add paths to the iSCSI program path by running the PATH=$PATH:/opt/iscsi/bin command.
3. Add the detected targets by running the iscsiutil -a -I [Target IP] command.
4. Add an initiator to the host on the array and map the initiator to the LUNs.
5. Scan for the target device on the host by running the /usr/sbin/ioscan -H 255 command.

Other related questions:
Method used to configure iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V3
Method used to configure iSCSI initiator in HP-UX 11i V3: 1. HP-UX 11i V3 is similar to HP-UX 11i V2, but HP-UX 11i V3 scans for different target devices. Therefore, you can refer to the configuration method of HP-UX 11i V2. 2. Run /usr/sbin/ioscan -NH 64000 to scan for target devices.

Reason for the automatic disconnection between an OceanStor V3 storage system and HP-UX 11i v2 host
If no I/O interaction is performed within approximately one minute, the connection between an OceanStor V3 storage system and HP-UX 11i v2 host is automatically interrupted. On the management page of the storage system, you can see that the host initiator is in the disconnected status. If no I/O is involved in the follow-up operations, the connection between the storage system and host is set up again. This disconnection problem occurs due to the control mechanism of the HP-UX operating system and does not affect services.

Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in SLES 9
The basic iSCSI configuration and CHAP authentication configuration in SLES 9 are the same as those in Red Hat 4. Refer to iSCSI initiator configuration in Red Hat 4.

Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in Windows
You can configure the iSCSI initiator in Windows as follows: Perform basic iSCSI configurations as follows: 1. Check whether the Microsoft iSCSI service has been started. If the iSCSI service has not been started, set the service to automatically start. 2. Open the iSCSI initiator configuration tool. Choose Start > Control Panel and double-click the iSCSI Initiator icon. 3. (Optional) Change the initiator name. On the General tab page, click Change... and modify Initiator node name. The node name must be unique. Note: When the service is running properly, do not modify the node name. Otherwise, services will be interrupted. 4. Add targets. Under Target Portal of the Discovery tab page, click Add. In the Add Target Portal dialog box that is displayed, configure Target IP and the port number. The port number of iSCSI is 3260 by default. 5. On the Targets tab page, click Refresh. You can see all targets. Select all targets in the inactive status and click Logon. Select the first item. 6. On the Computer Management page, choose Storage > Disk management. You can view the LUNs on the disk array. Configure Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP) as follows: 1. On the disk array, configure the CHAP name and password of the initiator. 2. In the Log On to Target dialog box, click Advanced... and configure the CHAP user name and password.

Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in Solaris 10
Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in Solaris 10: 1. Check whether iSCSI services have been started. Run svcs -a |grep iscsi to check the status of iSCSI. If the status of iSCSI is online, iSCSI services have been started. Otherwise, run svcadm enable iscsi_initiator to start iSCSI services. 2. Configure the Solaris iSCSI initiator. Run iscsiadm add discovery-address [ip addr:portal no] # iscsiadm add discovery-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3260 to configure the Solaris iSCSI initiator. 3. Add an initiator corresponding to the host on the array side and map it to the LUN. 4. (Optional) Methods used to search for the iSCSI target: a. If a dynamic discovery device (SendTargets) has been configured, run the following command: # iscsiadm modify discovery --sendtargets enable b. If a dynamic discovery device (iSNS) has been configured, run the following command: # iscsiadm modify discovery --isns enable c. If a static discovery device has been configured, run the following command: # iscsiadm modify discovery --static enable 5. Run devfsadm -i iscsi to create links for iSCSI devices. 6. Run format to check iSCSI disks.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top