Method used to enable UltraPath installed on the Solaris operating system

You can enable UltraPath in Solaris as follows:
Go to the FAQ-How can I enable UltraPath installed on the Solaris operating system website.

Other related questions:
Operating systems compatible with UltraPath
Operating systems compatible with UltraPath: FAQ-What operating system is compatible with UltraPath

Method used to query available paths in a storage system after the UltraPath software is installed
You can query available paths in the current storage system after the UltraPath software is installed by going to the FAQ-How Can I Query Which Link is Active in the Current Storage System After the UltraPath Software Is Installed website.

Method used to configure UltraPath in the cluster environment
You can configure UltraPath in the cluster environment as follows: After you install the UltraPath software in the cluster environment, perform the following configurations: 1. Enable the cluster function. If you are to install UltraPath of the V100R002 version, manually enable the cluster function. If you are to install UltraPath of the V100R003 or V100R005 version, the system automatically enables the cluster function after installing the UltraPath software successfully. Note: The following operations are performed on in the Windows operating system. For details about UltraPath configuration in other operating systems, see the OceanStor UltraPath for XX User Guide. (XX is a specific operating system.) a. On the UltraPath for Windows Manager home page, click the Configuration tab. b. In the Cluster area, select Cluster Enable. c. Click Apply. 2. Set the Persistent Reversed Key (PRKey) of UltraPath to different values. The PRKey value is 00000101 by default. The first six digits from the left 000001 represent a cluster, and the remaining two digits 01 represent a node. Different nodes require different PRKey values. For example, in a dual-node cluster, if the primary node's PRKey value is 00000101 and the secondary node's PRKey value can be 00000102. a. On the UltraPath for Windows Manager main interface, click the Configuration tab. b. In the Persistent Reservation Key area under Cluster, enter different PRKey values. c. Click Apply.

Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in Solaris 10
Method used to configure the iSCSI initiator in Solaris 10: 1. Check whether iSCSI services have been started. Run svcs -a |grep iscsi to check the status of iSCSI. If the status of iSCSI is online, iSCSI services have been started. Otherwise, run svcadm enable iscsi_initiator to start iSCSI services. 2. Configure the Solaris iSCSI initiator. Run iscsiadm add discovery-address [ip addr:portal no] # iscsiadm add discovery-address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3260 to configure the Solaris iSCSI initiator. 3. Add an initiator corresponding to the host on the array side and map it to the LUN. 4. (Optional) Methods used to search for the iSCSI target: a. If a dynamic discovery device (SendTargets) has been configured, run the following command: # iscsiadm modify discovery --sendtargets enable b. If a dynamic discovery device (iSNS) has been configured, run the following command: # iscsiadm modify discovery --isns enable c. If a static discovery device has been configured, run the following command: # iscsiadm modify discovery --static enable 5. Run devfsadm -i iscsi to create links for iSCSI devices. 6. Run format to check iSCSI disks.

Method used to analyze UltraPath for Linux logs
Method used to analyze UltraPath for Linux logs: Record UltraPath for Linux logs in /var/log/message. Logs in the startup phase may be recorded in /var/log/boot.msg. Method used to analyze logs through keywords are as follows: 1. Keyword UP_Event: UP_Event records key events of the UltraPath software, including device report and deletion, and path failure and recovery. After obtaining a log, you are advised to sort it. If the log is important, print it. 2. Keyword: UP_done: UP_done records information of I/Os that have been sent to the physical path but fail to be returned, including the I/O return code (including sense data) and the path object to which I/Os are delivered. 3. Keywords: IO FAILURE: The keyword indicates that an I/O is invalid after retries on UltraPath or switchover and that UltraPath returns I/O errors to the upper-layer module. For example, A1C1P0L0 IO FAILURE. vcmnd SN 301470915 pdev H6:C0:T2:L0 0x00/0x00/0x00 0x00010000 status:6 4. Keywords: Selected path returns NULL: If an I/O does not have an available path, the UltraPath software returns an I/O error to the upper-layer module. The I/O can be a newly delivered one or one that has reselected its path. For example, A0C0P0L0 Selected path returns NULL. vcmnd SN 300578706 5. Keywords: end_request: I/O error: The keyword is printed by the upper block device layer when an error of the I/O that has been delivered to UltraPath is returned to the upper layer. For example, sd 6:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x00010000 end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 428608. In this example, the SCSI address of the virtual disk with I/O errors is 6:0:0:0, the drive letters are sdb, the error sector is 428608, and the error code is 10000(DID_NO_CONNECT).

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top