Function of the MTU of an iSCSI host port and method used to change the MTU value

Function of the MTU of an iSCSI host port and method used to change the MTU value:
FAQ-What is the function of the MTU of an iSCSI host port? How can I change the MTU value

Other related questions:
How can I set the MTU value of the conference endpoint?
The default MTU value of the conference endpoint is 1500. You can choose System Settings > Network > Common Settings on the web page of the TE to change the value.

How do I set the MTU value for the MCU?
By default, the MTU value of the MCU is 1500 bytes, which can be changed and be valid for only signaling packets. Generally, you are advised not to change the MTU value. Instead, change the MTU value of the network device to the same as the MTU value of the MCU or endpoint. The method for changing the MTU value is as follows: Run the sys setMTU command, press Enter, enter the new value, press Enter, save the setting, and restart the network device.

How is the MTU of an AR interface changed
The network layer limits the size of data frames. When a network layer device receives an IP packet, it determines the outbound interface and obtains the MTU configured on the interface. The IP layer then compares the MTU with the packet length. If the packet length is longer than the MTU, the device fragments the IP packet. Each fragment has the smaller or equal size as the MTU. If forcible unfragmentation is configured, some packets may be discarded when transmitted at the IP layer. Therefore, large packets must be forcibly fragmented to prevent packet loss on the network. The mtu command is used to set the size of a fragment. The MTU value can be configured for Layer 3 interfaces only. The commands are as follows: [Huawei] interface gigabitethernet1/0/0 [Huawei-GigabitEthernet1/0/0] mtu 1200 [Huawei-GigabitEthernet1/0/0] restart

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top