Method used to check the copyback information about the disk

Log in to the CLI and run showdisk -e enclosure id -s slot id to view copyback information about the disk.

Note:
enclosure id indicates the enclosure number of the disk. slot id indicates the slot number of the disk.

If copyback is being executed, the copying progress is displayed in the Copyback Progress command output. Take the disk whose enclosure ID is 0 and slot ID is 3 as an example. Run showdisk -e 0 -s 3 to check the copyback information about the disk.

Other related questions:
Method used to check a slow disk
You can check a slow disk as follows: 1. Checking the OSM alarm Check on the OSM management interface whether there is a slow disk alarm whose ID is 5613. If the alarm exist, check whether the slow disk is isolated (the disk has completed reconstruction). If the slow disk is not isolated, refer to relevant disk replacement guides to manually replace the disk. 2. Checking the SES log Collect the SES log of storage devices by obtaining SES_log.txt and bak files under the /OSM/log_conf_local/log/cur_debug directory. Check slow I/O records, I/O distribution, and search keyword Disk IO Delay. --------------------------Disk IO Delay Count------2012-01-10 02:30:52-------------------- Disk IO Delay Count Threshold: [300ms] [500ms] [700ms] [1000ms] [0][2][3LM4JYJJ00009844V79S][3, 5, 15, 1] The above information shows that within five minutes, the disk in slot (0,2) has three I/Os of over 300 ms latency, five I/Os of over 500 ms latency, 15 I/Os of over 700 ms latency, and one I/O of over 1000 ms latency. Longer I/O latency of a disk may result in frequent display of the disk. Refer to relevant disk replacement guides to manually replace the disk. If you have any question, contact technical support engineers. 3. Checking the message log Collect the message log of storage devices by obtaining >message and bak files under the /OSM/log_conf_local/log/cur_debug directory. Search keyword long time. Jun 20 14:45:25 OceanStor kernel: [21086119188]mptscsih SLOW IO INFO: cost long time (13135), host id(0), channel id(0), scsi id (14), lun id(0), io lenth (524288), io mode(1), io lba(0x215321088) The I/O of SCSI device scs id (14) is suspended. Log in to the debug mode of storage devices, enter lsscsi, and obtain the drive letters corresponding to SCSI ID. Log in to the MML mode and enter dev disk enclosure ID to obtain the drive letters corresponding to slot ID. 4. Checking a slow disk If the slow I/O record displays frequently in logs (SES log and message log) and the time when such record is displayed is close to the time when services are affected (such as video freeze), the disk may be the one that affects services and the disk is the slow disk.

Method used to collect the S.M.A.R.T information of disks
Method used to collect the S.M.A.R.T information of disks: Collect the S.M.A.R.T information of a disk: Go to the debug mode, enter mml, and use dev diskinfo to check the faulty disk. After obtaining drive letters of the disk (in the above example, drive letters are sdo), use disktool in debug mode to collect the S.M.A.R.T. information of the disk. Enter disktool -f a /dev/sdxx > result.txt to save the S.M.A.R.T. information in the result.txt file. Collect the S.M.A.R.T. information of all disks: In debug mode, enter disktool -f A >result.txt to save the S.M.A.R.T. information in the result.txt file and use the SSH tool to extract the result.txt file.

Method used to check whether a disk is faulty
Method used to check whether a disk is faulty: If a disk is faulty, the red indicator on the disk is on and alarms are displayed on the ISM GUI. Check the message log by searching for the keywords hardware error.

The traffic information about radios is incorrect when checking the information about the load balancing group
Perform the following operations to locate the fault: 1. Check whether the radios operate normally, and whether the uplink and downlink services are interrupted. 2. Check whether the AP reports traffic information periodically (at a fixed period of 30s). In versions earlier than V200R006, run the display load-balance-group all command to view the configuration result. In V200R006 and later versions, run the display sta-load-balance static-group command to view the configuration result. 3. Check whether traffic information in the packets reported by the AP is correct. 4. Check whether the AC receives the packets containing traffic information reported by the AP and whether the packets are processed correctly.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top