Solution if a message indicating unknown kernel is prompted during the installation of the multipathing software because the operating system version of the Linux host is different from the kernel version

Solution if a message indicating unknown kernel is prompted during the installation of the multipathing software because the operating system version of the Linux host is different from the kernel version:
When you install the multipathing software, if the kernel version of the software package is different from the operating system version, a message indicating unknown kernel will be prompted.
1. Run cat cat /etc/xxx-release (xxx indicates the name of the Linux distribution, for example, Red Hat or SUSE) to check the operating system version.
# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 7)
2. Run uname -a to query the kernel version of the Linux operating system.
# uname -a
Linux ctucipjrlx007 2.6.9-78.ELsmp #1 SMP Sat Nov 26 08:44:12 CST 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
3. Check whether the operating system version is different from the kernel version.
4. If the operating system version is different from the kernel version, change the operating system version in /etc/xxx-release to the version in table 1 and reinstall the multipathing software.

Other related questions:
Solution if an error is reported if you install the multipathing software using a disk on a device running the Linux operating system
Solution if an error is reported if you install the multipathing software using a disk on a device running the Linux operating system: Check whether the installation script of the multipathing software /home/linux/Packages contains an uppercase P. If it contains an uppercase P, an error is reported because the directory name of disks cannot contain uppercase letters. In this case, you need to copy the upgrade package from the disk to the local disk.

Solution when the operation of installing the multipathing software is not activated
Solution when the operation of installing the multipathing software is not activated: FAQ-How Can I Handle the Problem that the Installed Multipathing Software Is not Activated

Solution if a message indicating that the host needs to be restarted is displayed repeatedly when the multipathing software is being reinstalled on a Windows host after it is uninstalled
Solution if a message indicating that the host needs to be restarted is displayed repeatedly when the multipathing software is being reinstalled on a Windows host after it is uninstalled: Delete the Restart key value in the registry. The position where the key value of Restart is stored varies with Windows systems: 1. Windows x86 system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 2. Windows x64 system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 3. Restart the host.

Can I install the SMC2.0 on an operating system of the Chinese version?
The SMC2.0 can be installed on a server running an operating system of the Chinese version. However, the SMC2.0 is developed based on operating systems of the English version. You are advised to install the SMC2.0 on a server running an operating system of the English version. For details, see the software and hardware requirements in the SMC2.0 installation guide of the corresponding version.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top