Feature of stripe depth of LUNs

The stripe depth refers to the size of blocks in a stripe of a disk array that uses striped data mapping. It also refers to the size of consecutively addressed virtual blocks mapped to a consecutively addressed disk blocks on a single member extent of a disk array. Therefore, choose the most appropriate stripe depth based on the size of data I/Os.
If the storage system is used to store a large number of sequential data, such as media data, a large stripe depth is recommended. The recommended stripe depth is more than 64 KB.
If the storage system is used for storing a large number of random data, such as the transaction processing data, a smaller stripe depth is recommended. The recommended stripe depth is 32 KB.

Other related questions:
Method used to set the LUN stripe depth
1. The stripe depth can only be set during LUN creation and cannot be modified after being created. 2. Go to the Create LUN dialog box. In the navigation tree, click the storage system node and choose Storage Resources > LUNs. In the right function pane, choose Create > LUN. The Create LUN dialog box is displayed. Set the parameters in the Create LUN dialog box.

Method used to plan the stripe depth for LUNs
Method used to plan the stripe depth for LUNs: Sizes of I/Os delivered by the hose vary with service applications. To improve I/O performance of the storage system, you can choose a proper stripe depth to match the size of I/Os delivered by the host.

Feature of the LUN variable prefetch policy
1. After receiving a data read request, the storage system prefetches data to the cache based on a multiple of the read length specified in the I/O request. 2. This policy applies to sequential read applications with variable-size data or to multi-user concurrent read applications with an unknown data prefetch amount, for example, multi-user Video on Demand (VOD) initiated by users at different bit rates.

Feature of the LUN write through policy
1. After data is written to the controller, the controller needs to write the data to the disk and then feed back the acknowledgement information to the upper-layer host. 2. The reliability of data written through is increased and the performance is low.

Introduction to the Dorado LUN copy feature
LUN copy is a data copy technology that quickly transfers data within a device or between devices. Full LUN copy replicates all the data of a source LUN and requires service suspension.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top