Provisioning modes of eBackup VMs at the cascading layer in public cloud scenarios

In public cloud scenarios, use FusionCompute to provision eBackup VMs. The URL for logging in to FusionCompute is:
http://VRM node IP address

Other related questions:
Installation and configuration scenarios in the OceanStor BCManager V200R001C10 eBackup private cloud scenario
In the OceanStor BCManager V200R001C10 eBackup private cloud scenario, the installation and configuration scenarios are described as follows: In the private cloud scenario, there are two scenarios: Region Type I and Region Type II. 1. Region Type I: In the region resource pool constructed based on Huawei software SDN network, if users select Region Type I, basic IaaS cloud services, security cloud services, backup cloud services, and RDS cloud services can be deployed in the region. At the same time, AWS can be accessed in hybrid cloud mode. The Region Type I consists of the cascading layer and the cascaded layer. 2. Region Type II: In the region resource pool constructed based on Huawei hardware SDN network, if users select Region Type II, basic IaaS cloud services, security cloud services, backup cloud services, and RDS cloud services can be deployed in the region. The cloud host service of this Region Type also supports heterogeneous VMware virtualization.

Backup storage types supported in public cloud scenarios
Only the Simple Storage Service (S3) can be used as backup storage to save tenants' data in public cloud scenarios.

VM disk configuration modes and their differences
There are three VM disk configuration modes: Common: The system allocates disk space based on disk capacity. During disk creation, any data remaining on the physical device will be reset to 0. This mode results in better disk performance than the others, but disks take longer to create. Thin provisioning: In this mode, the system initially only allocates part of a disk's configured capacity. The rest is allocated as needed based on its storage usage, until all of the configured capacity has been allocated. Thick provisioning lazy zeroed: The system allocates disk space based on disk capacity. Unlike common mode, however, any data remaining on the physical device is only zeroed out on the first data write from the VM. This mode creates disks faster than common mode, and its I/O performance falls between that of the common and thin provisioning modes.

Whether VM provisioning can be terminated
VM provisioning cannot be terminated. You must wait for the task to complete and the result (successful or failed) to be displayed.

Steps for quickly provisioning a user VM
To quickly provision a user VM, perform the following steps: 1. Create and configure a VM. 2. Assign a desktop. 3. Provision the desktop. For detailed operations, see the "Quickly Provisioning Desktops" section in FusionCloud Desktop Virtual Desktop Management Guide. Download path: Click the link and choose Support > IT > Cloud Computing > FusionCloud > FusionCloud Desktop Solution.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top