Description of the I/O Count parameter in a file pool policy of OceanStor 9000

The I/O Count parameter specifies a storage tier based on the number of times that a file is accessed within a specific statistical period. The statistical period ranges from 1 to 7 days.
The methods of calculating I/O counts vary when different protocols or versions are used.
- When the NFSv3 protocol is used, each I/O operation is considered an I/O count. For example, if you open a file and close it after performing 10 write operations for the file, the I/O count value is 10.
- When the NFSv4 or CIFS protocol is used, each complete file operation, that is, opening and closing a file, is considered an I/O count. For example, if you open a file and close it after performing 10 write operations for the file, the I/O count value is 1.

Other related questions:
Description of the File Name parameter in a file pool policy of OceanStor 9000
The File Name parameter designates storage policies for files with the same attributes through representative parts of the file name. The parameter can contain wildcard characters asterisk (*) and question mark (?).

Description of the Name parameter in a file pool policy of OceanStor 9000
The Name parameter indicates the name of a file pool policy and can contain 3 to 127 characters for OceanStor 9000 V100R001C01 or 1 to 127 characters for OceanStor 9000 V100R001C20/V100R001C30. The characters include only letters, digits, periods (.), hyphens (-), and underscores (_). The parameter must start with a letter and cannot end with a period (.), hyphen (-), or underscore (_).

Description of the Created At parameter in a file pool policy of OceanStor 9000
The Created At parameter (unit: hour or day) defines a storage tier by a time interval between the creation time and the current time.

Description of the File Path parameter in a file pool policy of OceanStor 9000
The File Path parameter defines a specific path where storage tiers and node pools reside.

Description of the Storage Type parameter in a file pool policy of OceanStor 9000
The Storage Type parameter indicates a storage tier or node pool where files matching a specified policy are stored. - Set Storage Type to Any Tier, indicating that files matching the policy can be randomly stored on all storage tiers according to available capacity. - Set Storage Type to Specify Tier and select an existing storage tier, indicating that files matching the policy can only be stored on the selected storage tier. - Set Storage Type to Specify Node Pool and select an existing node pool, indicating that files matching the policy can only be stored on the selected node pool. Note: If one or more of the File Path, File Name, and User/User Group parameters are specified, the node pool for file storage can be specified. If parameters other than the preceding three are specified, you can only specify the storage tier but not the node pool for file storage.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top