Meaning of OceanStor 9000's round robin-based load balancing policy

In the round robin-based load balancing policy, nodes are selected in sequence to process client connection requests.

Other related questions:
Meaning of OceanStor 9000's comprehensive node load-based load balancing policy
In the comprehensive node load-based load balancing policy, nodes are selected based on the comprehensive node load to process client connection requests. OceanStor 9000 calculates comprehensive node loads based on CPU usage and throughput. Less loaded nodes are more likely to be selected.

Meaning of OceanStor 9000's CPU usage-based load balancing policy
In the CPU usage-based load balancing policy, the node with the lowest CPU usage is selected to process client connection requests.

Meaning of OceanStor 9000's node throughput-based load balancing policy
In the node throughput-based load balancing policy, the node with the lowest throughput is selected to process client connection requests.

Meaning of OceanStor 9000's node connection-based load balancing policy
In the node connection-based load balancing policy, the node connected to the least number of clients is selected to process client connection requests.

Problem and solution when the round robin load balancing policy of NMP does not take effect in HP_UX
You can perform the following operation when round robin load balancing policy of NMP does not take effect in HP_UX as follows: 1. Issue Description What can I do when the round robin load balancing policy of NMP does not take effect in HP_UX? Situation: HP 11i v3 is delivered with the Native Multi-Path multipathing software and the default load balancing policy round robin. Multiple paths from the hosts to controller A or controller B on the storage array do not take effect, and you can only deliver I/Os through one path. 2. Solution a. Enter scsimgr get_attr -a leg_mpath_enable on the host to check whether the current system has enabled NMP multipathing software. b. Enter scsimgr get_attr -D /dev/rdisk/diskXX -a leg_mpath_enable to check whether LUN has enabled the NMP software. c. Enter scsimgr get_attr -D /dev/rdisk/diskXX to check whether LUN has a default load balancing policy round robin. d. Enter scsimgr lun_map -D /dev/rdisk/diskxx to check which LUN has active status of all paths. e. Enter scsimgr get_stat -H Hardware path to check the I/O statistics of each path to the LUN. If the I/Os of one path is small, nearly no I/O is delivered on this path. f. Above all, although the NMP multipath configuration does not cause any failure, there is a problem which is referred on released notes. You solve the problem by setting alua_enabled of a LUN to false. However, based on lab tests, this method can deliver I/Os through multiple paths but the performance of this method degrades compared to I/Os delivered through one path. You are advised to use one path not to use multiple paths.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top