Methods used to optimize small files by using OceanStor 9000

To optimize small files, OceanStor 9000 shortens the I/O path of upper-layer services, aggregates small files on lower layers, decreases the number of disk I/Os and disk fragments, and simplifies processes to reduce unnecessary I/Os.

Other related questions:
Different methods used by OceanStor 9000 to read and write large-scale small files and large files
Reading/writing large-scale small files and reading/writing large files are significantly different service models. OceanStor 9000 needs to have good I/O capabilities to read and write large-scale small files. These files have small sizes and large scales and therefore require low bandwidth usage which is not an important indicator for evaluating OceanStor 9000. However, OceanStor 9000 needs to have good bandwidth usage and absolute bandwidth to read and write large files which have larger sizes and smaller scales than small files. In most cases, proof of concept (POC) or performance acceptance tests set requirements for the average read and write bandwidth and the maximum read and write bandwidth of OceanStor 9000.

Method used to recover data on OceanStor 9000 V100R001C01
Based on failed objects and data recovery triggering conditions, OceanStor 9000 V100R001C01 recovers data using two methods: ensuring zero data loss on the original disk or node and writing the data in a failed disk or node to other normal disks or nodes through calculations.

Directory permissions of an OceanStor 9000 file system
Directory permissions of an OceanStor 9000 file system refer to permissions on directories in WushanFS. WushanFS works in Linux and employs the rwx model of UNIX to control directory permissions.

Method used to create an FTP share on OceanStor 9000 V100R001C01
OceanStor 9000 V100R001C01 creates an FTP share based on the following procedures: 1. Log in to OceanStor DeviceManager. 2. (Optional) Create a directory. If you want to share an existing folder, skip this step. a. Choose Provisioning > Create Directory. b. Enter a directory name, path, and permission information, and click OK. Default parameter values in the UNIX Permission area can be retained. 3. Create a share. a. Choose Provisioning > Create Share. b. Select the sharing protocol and path, and click Next. c. Add clients and grant permissions. Click Next, and then click Finish.

Accessing file sharing services of OceanStor 9000 using an IP address
You can use the dynamic front-end IP address or static front-end IP address of an OceanStor 9000 node to access file sharing services. However, service performance and reliability delivered by InfoEqualizer cannot be improved when this access method is used. Therefore, you are advised to use domain names to access file sharing services.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top