Whether VMware, Oracle, and other upper-layer software can be deployed on OceanStor 9000 and whether there are any reference cases

Currently, OceanStor 9000 does not incorporate any upper-layer software, such as VMware and Oracle, into typical application scenarios. I/Os of VMware and Oracle applications are random small I/Os. OceanStor 9000 mainly applies to continuous big I/O and bandwidth service scenarios, such as media assets, HPC, video surveillance, and backup.

Other related questions:
Whether domain servers and DNS servers must be deployed on the customer’s OceanStor 9000 network
No. If domain controllers and DNS servers have already been deployed on the customer’s network, connect them to Huawei OceanStor 9000. If they have not been deployed, OceanStor 9000 can parse domain names as a DNS server. In addition, with OceanStor 9000, you can use local authentication.

Reference materials for OceanStor 9000 deployment
For details about how to deploy OceanStor 9000, see the following documentation: - OceanStor 9000 Delivery Guide - OceanStor 9000 V100R001C30 LLD Template - OceanStor 9000 Best Practices

Whether hot standby can be deployed for Layer 2 boards on the firewall
Yes.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat