Why Cannot a File with a Name Containing Special Characters Be Uploaded to the Virtual Web Disk?

The names of some files contain text code that cannot be processed by the virtual web disk. Therefore, those files cannot be uploaded.

Other related questions:
Why Cannot the Modification of a File in My share on the Virtual Web Disk Be Updated to the Web Disk?
The My share folder stores file shortcuts only and those shortcuts lead to files in the cache. Therefore, if you modify a file in My share, you actually modify the file in the cache and the modification is not processed by the virtual web disk. Therefore, the file modification cannot be updated to the web disk. If you want to update modification of a file to the web disk, modify the file in the My Files folder.

Why Cannot a File Be Uploaded to the Enterprise Resource Library or Department Resource Library on Windows Server 2008 After the Virtual Web Disk Space Is Used Up?
The virtual web disk only contains the private space of users, but does not contain space of the enterprise resource library and department resource library. If user space is insufficient and you attempt to upload a file to a resource library, the file cannot pass the local space verification. If you want to upload a file to the enterprise resource library or department resource library after the virtual disk space is used up, contact the IT administrator to expand the space.

How to upload the web file of a WLAN device
How to upload the web file of a WLAN device:
Upload the web file to the device through FTP:
1.  Configure the FTP function and FTP user information about the device.
[Huawei] ftp server enable //Enable the FTP service.
[Huawei] aaa
[Huawei-aaa] local-user admin1234 password irreversible-cipher Helloworld@6789  //Create an FTP user with the user name admin1234 and password Helloworld@6789
[Huawei-aaa] local-user admin1234 privilege level 15
[Huawei-aaa] local-user admin1234 service-type ftp  //Configure the user service type to FTP.
[Huawei-aaa] local-user admin1234 ftp-directory flash:  //Configure the directories to which this FTP user has access.
[Huawei-aaa] quit
[Huawei] quit
<Huawei> save
2.  Connect to the device through FTP from the terminal PC, and enter the user name admin1234 and password Helloworld@6789. Then, upload the file in binary mode.
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator> ftp 10.136.23.5  //IP address of the WLAN device used to interconnect to the PC.
Connected to 10.136.23.5.
220 FTP service ready.
User (10.136.23.5:(none)): admin1234             
331 Password required for admin1234.
Password:
230 User logged in.
ftp> binary
200 Type set to I.
ftp>
3.  Upload the web file to the device.
ftp> put web.zip  
200 Port command okay.
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for devicesoft.cc
226 Transfer complete.
ftp:   76556  bytes,  3.35s  560.79 KB/s.
4.  Check the files and subdirectories in the current directory.
<Huawei> dir
Directory of flash:/
  Idx  Attr     Size(Byte)  Date        Time       FileName
    0  -rw-          6,311  Feb 17 2012 14:05:04   backup.cfg
    1  -rw-         76,556  Mar 06 2012 17:20:10   web.zip
5.  Load the web file.
<Huawei> system-view
[Huawei] http server load web.zip      //Load the web file. If it has been loaded, ignore it.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top