Prompt Message "Process monitor is already exist, then exit installation." Is Displayed When the OceanStor BCManager Agent Installation Script Is Being Executed on Linux, AIX, and HP-UX Hosts

1.Log in to the production application server as user root.
2.Run the ps —ef|grep monitor command.

If the following information is displayed, the monitor process already exists.

rdadmin 23275 1 1 15:50 pts/l 00:00:03 /home/rdadmin/Agent/bin monitor NOTE:
23275 is the ID of monitor. The value varies with actual conditions.

3.Run the kill �? 23275 command to stop the monitor process.
4.Run the sh agent_install.sh command.

If the following information is displayed, the OceanStor BCManager Agent has been uninstalled. You can continue the installation of the OceanStor BCManager Agent.

Other related questions:
Login to OceanStor BCManager After OceanStor BCManager Server Was Installed, the Add Host Page Is Not Displayed
Reinstall OceanStor BCManager Server and select Application DR management components. For details, refer to Installing OceanStor BCManager Server.

HUAWEI SAN Storage Host Connectivity Guide for HP-UX
You can obtain HUAWEI SAN Storage Host Connectivity Guide for HP-UX from .

Reason for the automatic disconnection between an OceanStor V3 storage system and HP-UX 11i v2 host
If no I/O interaction is performed within approximately one minute, the connection between an OceanStor V3 storage system and HP-UX 11i v2 host is automatically interrupted. On the management page of the storage system, you can see that the host initiator is in the disconnected status. If no I/O is involved in the follow-up operations, the connection between the storage system and host is set up again. This disconnection problem occurs due to the control mechanism of the HP-UX operating system and does not affect services.

Solution if a message indicating that the host needs to be restarted is displayed repeatedly when the multipathing software is being reinstalled on a Windows host after it is uninstalled
Solution if a message indicating that the host needs to be restarted is displayed repeatedly when the multipathing software is being reinstalled on a Windows host after it is uninstalled: Delete the Restart key value in the registry. The position where the key value of Restart is stored varies with Windows systems: 1. Windows x86 system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 2. Windows x64 system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run 3. Restart the host.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top