How Can I Handle a Protection Period Display Exception of a File Under WORM Protection on the NFS Client as a Common User?

A common user has no permission to modify, delete, rename, and move a file in the directory of user root on the NFS client no matter whether files in the directory are in the WORM protection state or not. Therefore, you are advised not to modify, delete, rename, and move a file in the directory of user root.

User root can set the owner of the directory and files in the directory to a common user. In this way, the common user can view the protection period of a file.

Other related questions:
How Can I Extend the Retention Period of WORM Files?
Linux is used as an example to describe the procedure for extending the retention period. Run command touch -a -t YYYYMMDDHHMM filename to modify the atime of WORM files. For example: touch -a -t 207010161510 file.

WTR period of OLP protection
The OLP board supports optical line protection, intra-board 1+1 protection, and client 1+1 protection. If the reversion mode is revertive, the default WTR period is 10 minutes.

How Can I Enable the NFS Client to Automatically Mount the NFS Share?
1.Log in to the client as the root user. 2.Run the vi /etc/fstab command. 3.Press i to enter the editing mode. 4.Move the cursor to the end of the file and add ipaddress: filesystem mount_path nfs timeo=10 0 0. ipaddress indicates a virtual IP address. filesystem indicates a shared file system. mount_path indicates a created mount directory. For example, if the ipaddress is 192.168.0.10, the filesystem is /vx/nfs_test, and the mount_path is /nfs_mount, the result is as follows after the modification: 5.Press Esc to exit the editing mode. 6.Type :wq and press Enter.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top