How can I configure valid static routes

Only when the outbound interface is in Up state, you can run the display ip routing-table command to query routing information in dynamic and static routing entries. If the outbound interface is not in Up state, the route is deactivated. You can run the display ip routing-table protocol command to check whether a route is activated.

Other related questions:
How can I configure static routes for the VCN3000?
You cannot manually add static routes for the VCN3000.

Configuring static routes
Configure static routes on an AC when one of the following conditions is met: - The AC is connected in bypass mode and needs to communicate with devices on different network - segments and APs. - The AC functions as a gateway for Internet access. - The AC functions a Layer 3 device on the intranet and needs to communicate with other Layer 3 devices. Configure static routes as follows: [HUAWEI] ip route-static 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.0.1 //Configure a default route. [HUAWEI] ip route-static 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0 172.16.0.1 //Configure a specific route.

Do S series switches support static multicast routes
For S series switches, static multicast routes are supported only by S series modular switches, S3700EI, S3700HI, S5720S-SI, S5720SI, S5700EI, S5710EI, S5720EI, S5700HI, S5710HI, S5720HI, S6700EI, S6720EI and S6720S-EI. You can run the igmp static-group command to configure a static multicast group, and the ip rpf-route-static command to configure a static multicast route.

How can I display static routes on the SC?
To display static routes on the SC, perform the following operations: 1. Run the display command to go to the display view. 2. Run the static-route command to display all static routes. For details, see HUAWEI SMC2.0 V500R002C00 SC Command Reference Guide.

Configure a static route on the S1700
Configure a static or default route on the S1700 as follows: 1. Choose IP Routing > IPv4 Route from the navigation tree on the left. 2. Select IPv4 Static/Default Route and click New. 3. Configure parameters such as the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway address, and the click Apply. Note: Only S1720, S1700-FR, and S1700-GFR switches support the routing feature.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top