Public address cannot be pinged when NAT is configured on the device as the egress gateway. How do I solve the problem

After outbound NAT is configured, run the ip soft-forward enhance enable command to enable the enhanced IP forwarding function before running the ping -a source-ip-address host command. The device then does not translate private source addresses into public addresses when sending packets.

Other related questions:
A directly connected device cannot be pinged or a client obtains an IP address slowly using DHCP. How is this problem solved
STP prevents loops on Layer 2 networks. By default, STP is enabled on the AR router. When the AR router functions as the user access device (the WAN-side uplink connects to the Internet and the LAN-side downlink connects to the internal network), loops do no occur. If STP is enabled, network flapping may occur due to port blocking or slow STP convergence. As a result, device functions are affected. It is recommended that the stp disable command be used in the system view to disable STP.

DHCP clients cannot obtain IP addresses. How do I solve this problem
Ensure that the DHCP configuration is correct, and reduce the IP address lease. If a long IP address lease is set, after all addresses in the address pool are allocated, addresses that are not required cannot be released immediately. As a result, other DHCP clients cannot obtain IP addresses.

How do I configure the egress router of an Internet bar to solve the offline problem of online game users
The router functions as the egress router of an Internet bar and uses the typical configuration. However, web pages are displayed at a low rate and users often go offline when playing online games. How do I solve this problem? 1. Run the tcp adjust-mss 1024 command on the inbound and outbound interfaces of the router. 2. Run the firewall-nat session { tcp | udp } aging-time time-value command to properly increase the timeout intervals of the TCP connection and UDP connection. You can perform the preceding operations to significantly improve the Internet access performance.

How do I solve the DHCP configuration loss problem after device restart

After the device restarts, there is a low probability that the DHCP configuration is lost.

Auto-Config is enabled by default. About two and a half minutes after the device restarts, the Auto-Config module checks whether the configuration file exists and determine whether the Auto-Config process is executed. If the save command is used at this time, files conflict. As a result, the Auto-Config module determines that the configuration file does not exist, and incorrectly executes the Auto-Config process. In this case, information about option fields or intermediate file required for executing the Auto-Config process is not configured on the DHCP server. Consequently, the Auto-Config process is suspended, and the DHCP configuration (including the configuration during configuration recovery and the Auto-Config process) is deleted.

After the device restarts, run the undo autoconfig enable command in the system view to disable Auto-Config.

I cannot log in to the AR router. How is this problem solved
1. By default, a user cannot log in to the AR router. You need to run the authentication-mode command in the VTY view to set the authentication mode. 2. To obtain more operation rights, run the user privilege level command in the VTY view to set the user level. 3. To enable the system to disconnect a user from the VTY interface when the timeout period expires, run the idle-timeout command in the VTY view to set the timeout period.

If you have more questions, you can seek help from following ways:
To iKnow To Live Chat
Scroll to top