[April PDAC Survey Activity]: How can the 3D Interactive Product Display better fulfill the demands of markets and users?

Created: Apr 17, 2019 15:08:45Latest reply: May 9, 2019 14:36:45 674 15 1 2
banner

What is the 3D Interactive Product Display?

Huawei-Storage
3D Interactive Product Display
of Huawei Storage
Learn More

Huawei-Server
3D Interactive Product Display
of Huawei Server
Learn More

• The 3D Interactive Product Display is Huawei’s new, featured marketing collateral for the age of digital transformation.
• The 3D Interactive Product Display of Huawei Storage and Huawei Server can demonstrate 3D models of equipment. These models can be fully rotated, so products can be viewed from any angle. These models can also be dissembled to reveal individual components and internal structures. The specifications of components are also visualized. Users can even use their hands to assemble or dissemble the models, familiarizing themselves with products.
• The 3D Interactive Product Display is more vivid than traditional product presentation, because it helps users understand what it is really like to use the equipment. The solution is particularly useful for market promotions and proposal demonstrations, making it easier for one to get to know Huawei products.

How can we make better use Huawei IT’s 3D Interactive Product Display? How can the 3D Interactive Product Display of Storage and Server better serve the market and customers? We are eager to hear your thoughts!

Survey-Questions

Survey Questions:
1. Do you think Huawei IT’s 3D Interactive Product Display is helpful? What do you believe the potential applications and use cases are for Huawei Storage and Huawei Server?
2. What aspects of the current solution would you like to improve? Are there other features you would like to be available for other scenarios? (Please specify the features and scenarios.)

Participants

Survey-Date

Points System

• Valuable feedback will be awarded 60-100 points. The awarding of points will be announced after approval by Huawei experts;
• You will be awarded an extra 30 points for sharing posts related to the Huawei IT’s 3D Interactive Product Display on Facebook or LinkedIn and posting screenshots in the following comments section (Recommended to open with Google Chrome);
facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/1741315376105453/posts/2354910198079298
linkedin post: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6523863330409500672
• Those who participate in the survey may win a free online course about storage field provided by Huawei. Huawei experts will be the lecturers of these courses, and they will answer your questions about storage. The date, as well as other details of the course, will be available at a later date;
• You can either submit your answers by posting them here or sending us an e-mail.

Announced by Product Documentation Advisory Committee
Huawei reserves the right to interpret the activity

• x
  • convention:

Sheffy_3139607     Created May 9, 2019 11:02:29 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

获奖名单公告

This article contains more resources

You need to log in to download or view. No account?Register

x
  • x
  • convention:

PDAC Group Admin
Mohamed_Mostafa  Enthusiast Technician   Created Apr 17, 2019 17:49:47 Helpful(2) Helpful(2)

I just reviewed the new 3D Interactive Product Display and it is really interesting .
Even the servers and storage is not my field but indeed I find this is very usefull in marketing products , Menntoring and even troubleshooting issues .
In the datacom field which I belong to , we have similar feature but just as mobile application and not including all devices such as switchs,routers , APs , ACs and firewalls ... I suggest to do the same 3D Interactive Product Display for the datacom products as it will be very usefull for us as engineers and for customers .

Also I suggest to link it with troubleshooting guide for the hardware component that iis showing such as showing the fault symptoms , possible root causes and solution ... It will be more valuable iff it was not just for showing and can give information about parts faults and guide to solution and troubleshooting steps .

IMG_20190417_145016

x
  • x
  • convention:

Network & Security Engineer
wissal  Visitor   Created Apr 26, 2019 23:03:45 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

It's an innovative idea to create this tool and very useful.
1. I just reviewed the new 3D Interactive product screen, it's really interesting and it is great tool to have fun.
My Chefs, my colleagues and my students are very impressed by such a virtual reality, if it is animated by an explosion and runs in a loop, it will be an excellent background for meetings and conferences.
2. Even though servers and storage are not my domain, but I actually find that it is very applicable in commercialized products, deployments and even operation and maintenance.
I think I will use it for the training and courses I give in fact it can show the internal structure of the various products without heavy and dusty objects.
3. To improve the current solution, you can do it even better now if you click the component name on the right pane to bring it closer to the user and remote users.
I recommend you to generalize the current solution by making the same 3D interactive product display for other products like data, access, etc., as it will be very useful for beginners engineers in different technologies and even to get closer to customers.
4. I recommend you link it to a maintenance guide the displayed hardware components, for example, indicating the symptoms of failure, the possible causes and the solutions indeed it will be more useful to show and consequently give the information on the parts defects and end guide for the troubleshooting steps as well as the main mode is a "component" with indications on the rotation of the view with the right mouse button, this option can modify optional components and as a result optional features, it will be useful for testing configurations.

Sharing on LinkedIn

x
  • x
  • convention:

PXIA     Created Apr 23, 2019 04:02:15 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

Survey Questions:
1. Do you think Huawei IT’s 3D Interactive Product Display is helpful? What do you believe the potential applications and use cases are for Huawei Storage and Huawei Server?
Yes, I do.
It might be helpful to involve the real view of different chassis type, I.E. 2288H V5 has more than 10 different chassis options.

2. What aspects of the current solution would you like to improve? Are there other features you would like to be available for other scenarios? (Please specify the features and scenarios.)
It's all good by now.
  • x
  • convention:

Peterhof     Created Apr 18, 2019 16:42:09 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

This is great tool for fun :)
I think that I will use it for some education of my son. It can show the internal structure of the various devices without heavy and dusty things.

1. If it will be animated with explosion and rotating in loop then it will be great background for meetings and conferences.
2. The small animated view (without handy management but with link to the full version) can be placed at the front page of the servers and storages.
3. Education with this feature can be better. You can do it even better then now if clicking at the right panel on the component name will bring it closer to the user and others far away.
4. If this thing will be able to change optional components then it will be good for testing configurations and marketing. This will be great :)

Suggestion about this feature:
1. I checked the link at the server page to the 3D view. It is exist in english page but it isn't exist in russian version.
2. I found the top buttons with great functions with a big delay. They are far away from the rotating object and right panel. I suggest that they look more like site navigation. Please move them to the left.
3. If components in the right panel would be sorted from top to bottom then if I click on them to hide them I will see they hiding and appearance of the bigger components. Example to explain what I mean: mainboard in the server page is lister before CPU and other components that connected to it.
4. I suggest that primary mode should be "component" with hints about right-mouse rotating of the view.

screen
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy_3139607     Created Apr 17, 2019 15:53:34 Helpful(1) Helpful(1)

I'll kick it off, just to get the ball rolling.
1.        Do you think the 3D Interactive Product Display is helpful? What are its potential applications and use cases?
The 3D Interactive Product Display is particularly effective for our studies and for customer engagement. It could also be used in other areas, such as education. The 3D model vividly shows the inner structure of products to customers, allowing them to learn the specifics of equipment, such as the positions of controllers, specifications of modules in different product models, and their compatibility.
2. What aspects of the current solution you would like to improve? Are there other features you would like to be available for other scenarios? (Please specify the features and scenarios.)
The current solution is not intelligent enough. It cannot recreate the experience of an actual project. For example, we would like to be able to remove the top, then drag and move components inside.
分享截图

x
  • x
  • convention:

PDAC Group Admin
velez.cu     Created Apr 19, 2019 06:01:36 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

here my shares in facebook and linkedin
greetings

facebook

linkedin

x
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy_3139607     Created Apr 19, 2019 09:02:41 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Posted by velez.cu at 2019-04-19 06:01 here my shares in facebook and linkedingreetings
Hey, thank you for your support. Don't forget to leave your answers about the above two survey questions. We want to hear your voice
  • x
  • convention:

PDAC Group Admin
yogijain     Created Apr 20, 2019 14:43:43 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

114335f1sxs98usew4zuye.png

• x
  • convention:

yogijain     Created Apr 20, 2019 14:45:03 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Hi Please find my linked share and do the needful
  • x
  • convention:

Sheffy_3139607     Created Apr 22, 2019 10:22:33 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Posted by yogijain at 2019-04-20 14:45 Hi Please find my linked share and do the needful
Dear Yogendra, thank you for your support. What about your opinion about Huawei 3D Interactive Product Display? We want to hear your answers about the above two survey questions. keep up the good work
  • x
  • convention:

PDAC Group Admin
Back to list
Fast reply Scroll to top