Renumber stand alone huawei switch S5700

[Copy the link]
Released on : 2018-5-16 22:06:34   Latest reply:2018-05-18 01:03:29
200 2
HDVReseau    

Hi,

I think that the title is clear enough.

I'm trying to configure a single switch (not in stack) and I would like to know how to renumber interfaces.

Example : 

GigabitEthernet 0/0/1 => GigabitEthernet 1/0/1

I found few commands as stack slot ID renumber ... but my switch is a "stand alone" one.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Simon
  • x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

Go to the specified floor
StarOfWest  Moderator   Released on 2018-5-17 13:57:30 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Why would you want to do that?
For standalone switches I doubt this function is available.
  • x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

“We only get answers to the questions that we ask.” physicist Werner Heisenberg
l00188222  Moderator   Released on 2018-5-18 01:03:29 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

In my opinion, this switch may establish a stack before. When we split a Stack, we need follow these steps.
http://support.huawei.com/hedex/ ... 253C%25252Fb%25253E

Splitting a Stack

Context

If a stack is no longer used, you can split the stack into standalone switches. Stacks established using stack card connections and service port connections are split in different ways. A split process includes the following steps.
1.Back up the stack configuration file.
2.Remove stack cables.
3.Restore physical member ports to service ports. (This step is required only in service port stacking.)
4.Restore the stack ID to the default value.
5.Power off all the member switches.
6.Remove the stack card. (This step is required only in stack card stacking.)

Procedure
•Splitting a stack established with stack card connections 1.Run the save command to save the configuration.
2.Run the copy source-filename destination-filename all command to back up the configuration file to all the member switches, so that you can use the configuration file when you set up a stack the next time.
3.Remove stack cables between the member switches. After you remove the stack cables, the stack splits and some member switches restart. The remote login may fail because some configurations of member switches such as the IP address are the same. Log in to a switch through the console port to perform configurations.
4.Run the system-view command to enter the system view.
5.Run the stack slot slot-id renumber 0 command to restore the stack ID of a member switch to the default value 0.
6.Power off all the member switches.
7.Remove the stack card.

•Splitting a stack established through service port connections 1.Run the save command to save the configuration.
2.Run the copy source-filename destination-filename all command to back up the configuration file to all the member switches, so that you can use the configuration file when you set up a stack the next time.
3.Remove the stack cables between the member switches. After you remove the stack cables, the stack splits and some member switches restart. The remote login may fail because some configurations of member switches such as the IP address are the same. Log in to a switch through the console port to perform configurations.
4.Run the system-view command to enter the system view.
5.Run the interface stack-port member-id/port-id command to enter the logical stack port view.
6.Run the shutdown interface { interface-type interface-number1 [ to interface-type interface-number2 ] } &<1-10> command to disable physical member ports.
7.Run the undo port interface { interface-type interface-number1 [ to interface-type interface-number2 ] } &<1-10> enable command to restore physical member ports to service ports.
8.Run the quit command to exit from a logical stack port.
9.Run the stack slot slot-id renumber 0 command to restore the stack ID of a member switch to the default value 0.
10.Power off all the member switches.
  • x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

You need to log in to reply to the post Login | Register

If the attachment button is not available, update the Adobe Flash Player to the latest version!
Fast reply Scroll to top