configure huawei access point with fortigate firewall captive portal

[Copy the link]
Released on : 2018-3-7 17:03:34   Latest reply:2018-03-20 11:53:43
955 5
Muh.JM    

Help Card: (Problem solved)
I want to configure huawei access point (AP4130DN) with fortigate firewall captive portal and radius server . every thing go fine but when one user who connected to this access point trying to access internet he will redirect to captiveportal url if he inserted right username and password he can access internet but my problem is fortigate make authentication for huawei access point not for user so every user can access internet if one user make right authentication because access point send it's mac address as user's mac address . how can I let access point to send user's mac address as user address 
please help me
  • x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

Go to the specified floor
ahricomambo4u  Novice   Released on 2018-3-20 11:53:43 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Hi,

Your AP4130DN, do you have a controller or is this configured as FAT(Standalone)?

For the mac authentication to work properly, two things you need to do:
1. For the Huawei portion, you need to configure the correct radius template containing the correct radius attribute to pass to your Radius Server.

Check Huawei documentation for the radius attribute of the controller or AP that's for the MAC address authentication attribute. I can't fully remember that attribute but I think its service Type.

2. Radius Server need to have the mac-authentication profile to capture your Wlan user radius authentication. That one you need to check with the Radius Server team.

You can try to check the link below. Although this is for switches, it has the same concept, just need to change the connection type.
Link:
http://support.huawei.com/enterp ... 114005?section=k00b

• x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

WoodWood  Admin   Released on 2018-3-7 17:50:38 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

waiting for help
  • x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

sertan_akyuz  Novice   Released on 2018-3-8 13:50:04 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

Hi,

I think you should ask this question in a Fortigate forum. If configured correctly AP do not play a role in this scenario except carrying data.

Best Regards,
  • x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

user_3027569     Released on 2018-3-19 18:10:44 Helpful(0) Helpful(0)

How to configure DHCP server in Huawei AR150 router

• x
  • convention:

Comment Reply

S84090816 Released on 2018-3-23 16:04
Hello, To enable DHCP on a AR150 router you have to pass the following commands: <Huawei> system-view [Huawei] dhcp enable And after that DHCP will be enabled globally 
You need to log in to reply to the post Login | Register

If the attachment button is not available, update the Adobe Flash Player to the latest version!
Fast reply Scroll to top