How do I replace a faulty aP to accelerate service recovery? (V200R005 and earlier versions)

To replace the AP that associates with an AC with a new AP without reconfiguring data for the new AP, run the ap modify command in WLAN view to change the MAC address and serial number (SN) of the faulty AP to those of the new AP. The new AP must be of the same type as the faulty AP.

After the modification, the new AP with the ID of the previous AP re-associates with the AC and inherits all the data configured on the previous AP.

Scroll to top