Method used to check a slow disk

You can check a slow disk as follows:
1. Checking the OSM alarm
Check on the OSM management interface whether there is a slow disk alarm whose ID is 5613. If the alarm exist, check whether the slow disk is isolated (the disk has completed reconstruction). If the slow disk is not isolated, refer to relevant disk replacement guides to manually replace the disk.
2. Checking the SES log
Collect the SES log of storage devices by obtaining SES_log.txt and bak files under the /OSM/log_conf_local/log/cur_debug directory. Check slow I/O records, I/O distribution, and search keyword Disk IO Delay.
--------------------------Disk IO Delay Count------2012-01-10 02:30:52--------------------
Disk IO Delay Count Threshold: [300ms] [500ms] [700ms] [1000ms]
[0][2][3LM4JYJJ00009844V79S][3, 5, 15, 1]
The above information shows that within five minutes, the disk in slot (0,2) has three I/Os of over 300 ms latency, five I/Os of over 500 ms latency, 15 I/Os of over 700 ms latency, and one I/O of over 1000 ms latency.
Longer I/O latency of a disk may result in frequent display of the disk. Refer to relevant disk replacement guides to manually replace the disk.
If you have any question, contact technical support engineers.
3. Checking the message log
Collect the message log of storage devices by obtaining >message and bak files under the /OSM/log_conf_local/log/cur_debug directory. Search keyword long time.
Jun 20 14:45:25 OceanStor kernel: [21086119188]mptscsih SLOW IO INFO: cost long time (13135), host id(0), channel id(0), scsi id (14), lun id(0), io lenth (524288), io mode(1), io lba(0x215321088)
The I/O of SCSI device scs id (14) is suspended.
Log in to the debug mode of storage devices, enter lsscsi, and obtain the drive letters corresponding to SCSI ID. Log in to the MML mode and enter dev disk enclosure ID to obtain the drive letters corresponding to slot ID.
4. Checking a slow disk
If the slow I/O record displays frequently in logs (SES log and message log) and the time when such record is displayed is close to the time when services are affected (such as video freeze), the disk may be the one that affects services and the disk is the slow disk.

Scroll to top