Method used to modify the timeout period for the Emulex HBA card on a device running the Linux operating system

Method used to modify the timeout period for the Emulex HBA card on a device running the Linux operating system:
1. How can I modify the timeout period for the Emulex HBA card on a device running the Linux operating system?
Description:
On a standard dual-switch network, Emulex HBA cards are used on the server. If one of the switchboards (switches) is faulty, the I/O suspension time before failover is about 30s. After fault locating, it can be determined that the I/O suspension is caused by the long timeout period of the HBA card. In some application scenarios, the I/O suspension time needs to be modified.
2. Solution
Check the value of the lpfc_nodev_tmo parameter in the configuration file. In RHEL and Asianux, the configuration file is /etc/modprobe.conf. In SUSE, the configuration file is /etc/modprobe.conf.local.
a. Check whether the UltraPath software has been installed on the server. If not, install the UltraPath software and proceed to the following steps:
b. Modify the value of the lpfc_nodev_tmo parameter (add this parameter if it does not exist). For example, options lpfc lpfc_nodev_tmo=n (n is an integer and it is recommended that the value of n range from 10 to 60.)
c. Run upUpdate to update the UltraPath image file.
d. Restart the server to validate the modification.

Scroll to top