Method used to analyze UltraPath for Linux logs

Method used to analyze UltraPath for Linux logs:
Record UltraPath for Linux logs in /var/log/message. Logs in the startup phase may be recorded in /var/log/boot.msg. Method used to analyze logs through keywords are as follows:
1. Keyword UP_Event:
UP_Event records key events of the UltraPath software, including device report and deletion, and path failure and recovery. After obtaining a log, you are advised to sort it. If the log is important, print it.
2. Keyword: UP_done:
UP_done records information of I/Os that have been sent to the physical path but fail to be returned, including the I/O return code (including sense data) and the path object to which I/Os are delivered.
3. Keywords: IO FAILURE:
The keyword indicates that an I/O is invalid after retries on UltraPath or switchover and that UltraPath returns I/O errors to the upper-layer module. For example, A1C1P0L0 IO FAILURE. vcmnd SN 301470915 pdev H6:C0:T2:L0 0x00/0x00/0x00 0x00010000 status:6
4. Keywords: Selected path returns NULL:
If an I/O does not have an available path, the UltraPath software returns an I/O error to the upper-layer module. The I/O can be a newly delivered one or one that has reselected its path. For example, A0C0P0L0 Selected path returns NULL. vcmnd SN 300578706
5. Keywords: end_request: I/O error:
The keyword is printed by the upper block device layer when an error of the I/O that has been delivered to UltraPath is returned to the upper layer. For example, sd 6:0:0:0: SCSI error: return code = 0x00010000
end_request: I/O error, dev sdb, sector 428608
In this example, the SCSI address of the virtual disk with I/O errors is 6:0:0:0, the drive letters are sdb, the error sector is 428608, and the error code is 10000(DID_NO_CONNECT).

Scroll to top