Method used to migrate and install storage devices

Method used to migrate and install storage devices:
1. Stop services of the host corresponding to the storage system (the host operating system is Linux, AIX, and Solaris).
Determine whether services are stopped by checking on the host and storage array sides.
Check whether services on the host side have been stopped: On the CLI of the host, run iostat -xt 1 to check whether I/O values of corresponding LUNs are 0. If the value is 0 within five minutes, services on the host side have been stopped. I/O values of /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc, and /dev/sdd are 0, indicating that services on the host side have been stopped.
Check whether services on the storage array side have been stopped: After logging in to controller A/B of the storage array in the debug mode, run iostat -xt 1. I/O values of osp_lun/osp_lun0 and osp_lun/osp_lun1 are 0, indicating that services on the storage array side have been stopped.
2. Mark optical, SAS, and network cables to be removed so that these cables can be inserted back to the original position after migration.
3. Power off the storage system.
For OceanStor S2600 storage systems, remove the network cable.
4. When installing the storage system, insert optical, SAS, and network cables back to their original positions.
5. Power on the storage system.

Scroll to top